deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rule 0 lurrus companion  (Read 1767 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Rule 0 lurrus companion
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 06:40:47 pm »
I don't get it. That article says nothing that undermines the idea of disregarding color identity for one deck as a playgroup fits into rule zero. It mentions that rule zero doesn't mean there are no rules, but neither does this build idea. It's still 100 card singleton with a commander, 40 life, and multiplayer. Bending one rule with your playgroup doesn't mean you're no longer playing commander.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Darkknightkefka

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 06:53:21 pm »
As long as the group is having fun  who cares what rule 0 is? It's made to be broken in playgroups. So back to original topic..... using lurrus as a companion I need some advice on on who to companion with. Thrasios/x seems good for casting hydroid krasis a bunch for card advantage and power. But going just black/red/white (like with jari) allows me to to cast aristocrats style cards. Problem is I can't figure it out as am having trouble finding good 2 drops to fill spots depending on color. I have the good stuff (hexdrinker, valki, kroxa, krasis, dragon master outcast) but can't figure out too much creature base post that.
We all float down here

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 07:06:04 pm »
I don't get it. That article says nothing that undermines the idea of disregarding color identity for one deck as a playgroup fits into rule zero. It mentions that rule zero doesn't mean there are no rules, but neither does this build idea. It's still 100 card singleton with a commander, 40 life, and multiplayer. Bending one rule with your playgroup doesn't mean you're no longer playing commander.

It mentions color identity as a foundational piece of commander; I agree with this. I believe there are some rules that can very easily be bent with Rule 0. However, IMO, color identity is more than just a bend.

As long as the group is having fun  who cares what rule 0 is? It's made to be broken in playgroups. So back to original topic..... using lurrus as a companion I need some advice on on who to companion with. Thrasios/x seems good for casting hydroid krasis a bunch for card advantage and power. But going just black/red/white (like with jari) allows me to to cast aristocrats style cards. Problem is I can't figure it out as am having trouble finding good 2 drops to fill spots depending on color. I have the good stuff (hexdrinker, valki, kroxa, krasis, dragon master outcast) but can't figure out too much creature base post that.

Like I said before, my thoughts have nothing to do with what the OPs actual group is doing, and they probably don't care about my ideas. I was just having a discussion on what I believe the intentions of Rule 0 are.

As for your actual question, for the two MV creatures, are you wanting them in the color identity of the commanders you end up going with? or just looking for solid two MV cards and then choosing a commander around that?

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks

Darkknightkefka

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 07:35:53 am »
Deck direction was another issue I was having. I love playing a value game. As for color identity our group doesn't care if I go big with it. So if i were to only partner with thrasios I'd gain blue/black/green and white.
The hardest choice comes down to color atm. If i go the life gain stacks route (which seems fun) who should I go with? Thrasios? It would give me green for a bit more reach . Or add red for a bit more aggro and be able to use things like kroxa and valki for late game?
If i add red here are some slots I'd consider-
Kargan dragonlord
Dragon master outcast
Dragon kin berserker
Impulsive pilferer

If i go lifegain  stacks for value
Hydroid krasis
Nissa , steward of elements
Grim flayer
Saffi

Real choice first tho is the partners or commander for theme.
We all float down here