deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ghen, Arcanum Weaver ($100 Budget)  (Read 751 times)

MarshallLaw

• Decks
Ghen, Arcanum Weaver ($100 Budget)
« on: April 07, 2021, 12:52:01 pm »

krichaiushii

• Decks
Re: Ghen, Arcanum Weaver ($100 Budget)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 08:56:04 pm »
Angelic Destiny, Brilliant Halo, Cessation, Despondency, Fallen Ideal, Glistening Oil, Sleeper's Guile, Sluggishness, Spirit Loop, and Undying Rage like to be sacrificed.  That said, there is some massive budget and usefulness differences among them. 

MarshallLaw

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:46:56 am »
Thanks so much for the feedback! This is my super rough first draft, so I'll probably incorporate some of those. Filling out this dude's early curve is really tough on a budget. I would put in stax pieces like Authority of the Consuls and Blind Obedience just for decent early game sac fuel, but $$$ (it's a playgroup rule--and a really fun and interesting meta to build in!)

MarshallLaw

• Decks

MarshallLaw

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 08:39:46 pm »

MarshallLaw

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 08:43:39 pm »

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-1 Sarcomancy
+1 Ghostly Prison

MarshallLaw

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 06:32:25 am »

anjinsan

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 10:41:09 pm »
Thanks so much for the feedback! This is my super rough first draft, so I'll probably incorporate some of those. Filling out this dude's early curve is really tough on a budget. I would put in stax pieces like Authority of the Consuls and Blind Obedience just for decent early game sac fuel, but $$$ (it's a playgroup rule--and a really fun and interesting meta to build in!)
How about Omen of the Dead? Better if you have more creatures, obviously, but worst case scenario it's very cheap sac fodder, allows Ghen to get you creatures back if you need them (kinda slow but you could potentially keep swapping it and something else to fill your hand back up, especially with cheap enchantment creatures like Aelsid), and can always be sacced to itself for a scry if you're desperate.

(There are the other Omens, too, but I don't think they're worth it in EDH - Omen of the Sun is potentially a nice token generator but I think you can be doing rather more with Ghen)