deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

If you could only pick one, which of these cards would you rather use in a deck?

Fast lands (Seachrome Coast)
4 (23.5%)
Battle lands (Prairie Stream)
13 (76.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Fast Lands versus Battle Lands  (Read 2369 times)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Fast Lands versus Battle Lands
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 10:46:49 pm »
I think the choices among Fast Lands, Battle Lands (I've often heard these called Tango lands - "It takes two ..."), check lands (Glacial Fortress), and reveal lands/snarls (Port Town) really come down to the personal preferences of play style, build style, and budget.

My play style is that I seldom hold back lands in my hand, as my playgroup doesn't see a lot of mass land destruction.  So the Snarls don't appeal to me.

My build style is that I seldom use fetch cards where the type is relevant.  So the Tango lands don't appeal to me.

Of these choices, the original check lands are my go-to.  You only need a single basic on the field to make them work.  Sure it has to be a specific kind, but it's one of two kinds.

Then the budget kicks in.  I've only go so many Revised Duals, shocks, pains, and filters.  (One of each.)  So sometimes you've gotta go deeper into the dual-land well.

I think my second tier is either the tangos or snarls, depending on the build.  With the other being third.

Then Fast lands are my fourth tier (of these choices.)
Happy Brewing!
:)

terminalgeek

• Decks
Re: Fast Lands versus Battle Lands
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 10:15:17 pm »
Despite the example upfront I initially thought battle lands were referring to the duals from Battlebond. Guess they are called Bond Lands  ::)