deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Damage for You! Counters for Me! - Comments  (Read 117 times)

Comment Bot

son_of_ugin17

• Decks
Re: Damage for You! Counters for Me! - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 05:39:02 pm »
Nuke the board, pump the commander, and swing in for the win.

ratjarr

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 12:02:33 am »
This is nice- I love any deck that makes use of ordinarily junk spells like Crypt Rats that just need the right mechanic to make them superstars. And using them with enrage creatures and Brash Taunter creatures is great and fun synergy (side note: especially with the indestructibility instants, I think Blasphemous Act would be great to add. It combos fantastically with your Brash Taunter creatures, and might be needed for some genuine removal. And in this deck it could potentially end the game if you also had Kaldheim's Toralf, God of Fury). It might be worth considering lifelink through auras/equipment/lifelink counters that could go on Crypt Rats or Kazarov or Brash Taunter. Also, if you're willing to go big on card advantage with something like Phyrexian Arena, I personally feel like it might be worth going even a little bigger with Necropotence, or possibly scaling back to something like Underworld Connections.

In these trying times my only real concern is Kazarov's safety. I know you have some interaction for it, but at 7 mana, it takes a lot of ramp to get him out the first time, and there's a lot of potential for hate on him by then. Did you consider any cheap reusable protection for him like Ring of Xathrid or Skeletal Grimace? Or Whispersilk Cloak, which gives protection and also guarantees that you can swing with him. Dust Corona is a great cheap one for penetration as well.

Great idea, great deck.

son_of_ugin17

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 04:56:07 pm »
Thanks man. I appreciate the feedback.