deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Modern Horizons 2 bingo  (Read 1510 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Modern Horizons 2 bingo
« on: April 24, 2021, 02:48:54 am »
I'm likely going to change this a few times, but I'm going to stop as soon as we get the first looks at MH2. Some of these are repeats from my Commander Legends card, but that's just because those things show up with every set.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Modern Horizons 2 bingo
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:42 am »
"Trading Post Mage. 2/2 Human Wizard. When Trading Post Mage enters the battlefield, search you library for an artifact card with mana value 4..."

A man can dream...

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 11:44:17 am »
If this is fitting your criteria, how about 'Finishing an already started land cycle'?
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 12:44:03 pm »
If this is fitting your criteria, how about 'Finishing an already started land cycle'?

We know that we're already getting the enemy fetch lands reprinted. I think it's unlikely that there will be a second rare land cycle.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 01:47:54 pm »

We know that we're already getting the enemy fetch lands reprinted. I think it's unlikely that there will be a second rare land cycle.

Is this for sure? I thought that would be more like... rumors.  ???
I refered to the Sunbaked Canyon lands, which are not complete if I'm not mistaken.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 07:56:33 pm »

Is this for sure? I thought that would be more like... rumors.  ???
I refered to the Sunbaked Canyon lands, which are not complete if I'm not mistaken.
That cycle is indeed not complete and they named the entire pack after the first one so they'd BETTER complete it this time.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 08:28:26 pm »
I don't know if it's me expecting it or hoping for it, but I predict more new slivers.

This space for rent.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 08:43:55 pm »
I'm going to be wild and predict that we're getting a new white Legendary Creature that makes Treasures from the opponents doing something and it's going to make a lot of them. So much so that it's going to push its way into high power EDH. Maybe three mana, something like "Whenever a creature an opponent controls becomes tapped they may pay {1}. If they don't, you create a Treasure token." It definitely has to have an optional payment plan in it.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 10:29:07 pm »
It'd be nice if they give Spawning Kraken a shot in MH2. I was really elated when I saw it, but still I think that it'd be better if they release it in Horizons 2, since there aren't many other creatures and spells, apart from Quest for Ula's Temple, Serpent of Yawning Depths, Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep and Whelming Wave for this particular Tribe. So, apart from new Slivers: yeah, bring some new Sea Monsters. I love this Tribe and my deck is one of my most beloved from my collection. I don't expect to build anything new as a deck before the end of the year. I'll just complete all my visions according, but still want more new Sea Monsters.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 04:20:22 am »
It'd be nice if they give Spawning Kraken a shot in MH2. I was really elated when I saw it, but still I think that it'd be better if they release it in Horizons 2, since there aren't many other creatures and spells, apart from Quest for Ula's Temple, Serpent of Yawning Depths, Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep and Whelming Wave for this particular Tribe. So, apart from new Slivers: yeah, bring some new Sea Monsters. I love this Tribe and my deck is one of my most beloved from my collection. I don't expect to build anything new as a deck before the end of the year. I'll just complete all my visions according, but still want more new Sea Monsters.

I've been looking for more sea monster synergy for my Aesi deck, so I'm with you on that one. Not sure if it'll show up in MH2, but a man can dream.

monkydonky1

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 08:54:18 am »
I really like this post. Thanks so much for bringing that up. I wonder if there will be some re-print's from Modern Horizon 1. Probably Seasoned Pyromancer or Wrenn and Six. Hopefully there won't be any creepy format-breaking card like Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis. I guess (or hope) the power level will be lesser than MoHo1.

Korlich

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 09:52:15 am »
I predict the powerlvl will be higher than MH1. More broken cards, more bans etc.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 11:42:39 am »
I wonder if there will be some re-print's from Modern Horizon 1.

The Modern Horizons sets are made to bring new cards into Modern. Either by reprinting cards that are not currently Modern-legal, or by making new cards all together. We won't get reprints for cards that are already Modern-legal.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 07:37:47 pm »
I predict the powerlvl will be higher than MH1. More broken cards, more bans etc.
I predict it will be the same.  Wizards all but bragged about how badly they wanted to break Modern the first time; something about "shaking up tournament Magic" was part of the official description.  You know they're never that upfront about Standard or Commander sets.

DragoShivan

• Hey. I'm building interesting decks for everyone.
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 03:53:20 pm »
im pretty sure that they wont complete the Swords cycle now. it feels like they would hold back one for MH 3...
Check out my Profile to see a variaty of modern decks from budget to advanced or competative.