deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 4 color mana base for Atraxa  (Read 599 times)

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
4 color mana base for Atraxa
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:22:51 pm »
4 color mana base

Working on my mana base for Atraxa.  1+1 counters with a splash of infect, no combos.

any help would be appreciated.
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

xccmcdonald

• Decks
Re: 4 color mana base for Atraxa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 05:37:51 pm »
City of Brass, Mana Confluence, maybe The World Tree. Try to skew base green for ramp spells that grab duals like Farseek, Nature’s Lore, and maybe Skyshroud Claim, which are very nice with Evolution Sage.
You could even consider a landfall package, with Lotus Cobra providing further fixing, since a number of landfall triggers give counters.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:07:23 pm by xccmcdonald »

xccmcdonald

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:53:32 pm »
Forbidden Orchard can be kinda risky if someone’s playing aristocrats, hoof, or something, or they have other ways to get value from spare bodies. Not great if your primary plan is to get in on the ground, either.

On Atraxa in general, Parallax Wave is a piece of tech I really liked when I had an Atraxa counters pile. There’s also Parallax Tide since you’re probably gonna be the villain anyway.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:15:42 pm by xccmcdonald »

Grins

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 07:30:34 pm »
The World Tree would not be legal in 4c

xccmcdonald

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 08:06:07 pm »
Ah, thanks, my bad. I forgot about the flavor text.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:15:08 pm by xccmcdonald »

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 08:33:20 pm »
Astral Cornucopia and Everflowing Chalice come to mind.

The Vivid lands aren't bad in Atraxa.  As far as being able to make mana of any color - they do enter tapped (all the time, bummer).  But they don't cost any life.  And they don't cost tapping another land (a la Rupture Spire).  And in a deck that is proliferating all the time, they will seldomly lose the ability to make mana of any color.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 11:52:11 pm »
I do run Astral Cornucopia. Everflowing Chalice. Farseek, and Nature’s Lore but I don't think of them as my mana base but as enhancers to my mana pool due to the cost and availability of the mana when Iplay them.  same as vivid lands. To slow for my playgroup.. I tried playing 1+1 counters only and never won due to all the combo decks nowadays. so I need a very fast mana pool. Plus I'm trying to stay away from colorless mana and combos as much as I can.
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505