deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Secret Lair Price Madness - Voracious Reader  (Read 1870 times)

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Secret Lair Price Madness - Voracious Reader
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 05:31:57 pm »
It's just WotC seeing how much they can charge for how little. If this sells well, they basically can print money.

"Hey, we need to pad our earnings this quarter, what should we do?"

"Print a secret lair with one copy of Ornithopter that's just the rules text for flying."

"How much could we charge?"

"How much do we need?"
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 05:40:00 pm »
 :o :o  Sly just invented the next Secret Lair ... Full-text French vanilla creatures.   8) . No artwork.  Just a big text box mansplaining the keyword.   ;D
Happy Brewing!
:)

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 11:54:34 pm »
It's just WotC seeing how much they can charge for how little. If this sells well, they basically can print money.

"Hey, we need to pad our earnings this quarter, what should we do?"

"Print a secret lair with one copy of Ornithopter that's just the rules text for flying."

"How much could we charge?"

"How much do we need?"
See this is why I'm upset about it (@MustaKotka).  It's not just the product I won't buy anyway, it's them daring to sell it.  Anyone could slippery-slope interpret that sentence as "how dare they make ANYTHING I don't like", but that would ignore the fact that this and TWD have so far been the ONLY things I haven't liked.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 11:54:10 am »
There are quite a lot who argue that you don't need to buy those overpriced products. Of course, no one is forced to buy stuff.
But me/we as costumers who are potentially willing to buy products from Wizards in general (like booster boxes, precons or whatever) could get afraid that WotC just start to increase prices for 'normal' products as they please as well. Especially since Wizards recently seem to have an eye on making more money with weird new stuff.
In that case I would like to interfer as early as possible.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 11:58:37 am by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 11:47:37 pm »
I saw this with Boris, a friend of mine, who's krgr, here on Deck Stats and has memorable decks. I knew, but I didn't know the price. It is pricey. A lot. Ouch. No, no way. Single land? I might buy one for the collection, but it's not that urgent at all. I can say it's for collectors, I guess.