deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 1$ Commander - Comments  (Read 365 times)

Comment Bot

1$ Commander - Comments
« on: May 03, 2021, 04:59:37 pm »

son_of_ugin17

• Decks
Re: 1$ Commander - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 04:59:37 pm »
Very budget. Interesting deck

Valerian

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 06:08:18 pm »
Thanks!

This is my first public deck so I'm still learning the interface. Just added description:

Ultra budget Araumi deck

Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G4kI-HrW4&t=1s so 1$ in TCG player pricing without land cost. I used the same source for prices to keep the playing ground level.

I have a budget Araumi of the Dead Tide deck with the most expensive cards being:

Solemn Simulacrum (0,90€)
Windfall (1,50€)
Altar of Dementia (2,5€)
Muddle the Mixture (1,40€)
Stitcher's Supplier (3,00€)

The original deck needs to be held back unless you just want to become immediate arch enemy against most Commander precon decks as the synergy between simple cards like Gray Merchant of Asphodel draining everyone by 21 points upon Araumi activation, Hagra Diabolist pointing 27 life loss in chunks of 3 as you want to divide it between your opponents, or Abhorrent Overlord making 21 1/1 flying bats while also giving one turn 6/6 flying token to attack with against each opponent can get out of hand very quickly. Note that the encored copies do have their original mana costs and thus provide devotion from each copy.

I wasn't able to fit in anything as expensive as those into this 1$ version, but at least I could add Goremand, who is easily worth encoring (you don't need to sacrifice as additional cost during encore) and can work as kind of a finisher. Maalfeld Twins is a poor mans Grave Titan in this deck (which does not fit into the budget version either). Blight-Breath Catoblepas is your poor mans Ravenous Chupacabra as the -7/-7 from encore is plenty enough to kill most things even in commander. The single most important card in the deck is Corridor Monitor that gives you three additional activations of Araumi of the Dead Tide in a single turn when encored allowing even this ultra budget version to try to close the game.

Note that this deck lacks all mana ramp and is more mana intensive for similar effects than even basic decks so it is kind of slow, but that is to be expected from a deck that has list price totaling 1$.

son_of_ugin17

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 08:23:22 pm »
I have a more expensive commander deck with Araumi so it's cool to see one that costs as little as it does

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 08:46:52 pm »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 11:09:32 pm »
Very cool deck! Did you consider Elvish Doomsayer or Elderfang Disciple?
Golgari is life. And death.

Valerian

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:38:55 pm »
Thank you!

I would have loved to add those, but they are a tad on the expensive side being $0.06 and $0.04 in TCGPlayer evaluation given by the deckbuilder pricing. The most expensive card in the 99 at the time of creation of the deck was $0.03 and I could only have a few of those. With 1$ budget of which the commander takes $0.12 leaves $0.88 to use on 61 other non basic land cards so $0.03 was at the high end of spectrum already.

MajordomoTom

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 05:54:02 am »
this goal and how you achieved it are remarkable and very much appreciated.

not every deck in EDH needs to cost $3500 and be full of Eldrazi.