deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deckbuilder filter by rarity, and/or include Pauper Commander format?  (Read 302 times)

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
I was going to ask for a new format to be included so as to make deck building for it simpler (Pauper Commander/PDH: https://www.pdhhomebase.ca/rules).

Then I realized that there are always new formats (with a grand total of 7 adherents each), so it wasn't reasonable to ask for a specific one to be incorporated like that.

So I thought maybe I'd ask to just be able to filter/sort in the deckbuilder by rarity..?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
You can already filter cards by rarity in the deckbuilder.

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Oh my! :o There's a whole menu I completely didn't realize existed! Thank you!

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Hm, how about adding a column which lists the actual rarity of the card, not of the specific set you're looking at?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
I'm not sure what you mean. Cards don't have a specific assigned rarity, as rarity shifts between sets are common. If you're talking about pauper (and by extension, pauper commander) any card that has ever been printed at common rarity is useable. For example, even though Molten Rain was most recently printed as an uncommon, it's pauper legal because it was once printed as a common.

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Right, that's what I'm getting at. The thing is if I have the Kaldheim Commander version of Azorius Signet in my collection (which I do), then it will not show up if I filter for Commons only. If I have the Dissention version, however, it WILL show up. This isn't particularly useful for deck building!

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Alright, that's not supposed to happen. For whatever reason, when the set is specified in the collection the rarity filter will only take that specific rarity into account. But if the set isn't specified the rarity filter will detect it as all relevant rarities.

It'll be fixed.

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Hm, I think it might be working as intended then, since I have most of my cards listed with their sets. But that makes it difficult for me to find cards for formats like Pauper without making a second copy of my collection with the sets stripped off...

EDIT: Oh! I misunderstood! You're saying that's not supposed to happen even when it's been specified. Thank you!

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
So it turns out to not be as simple as that anyway... I created a copy of my collection for use in the meantime, and stripped out the set information... and Thraben Inspector is not being shown as a common..?