deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Please Help!  (Read 442 times)

Xenroa

• Decks
[Modern] Please Help!
« on: June 15, 2021, 04:55:11 am »

Lusunu

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 05:15:39 am »
right-first thing I thought to myself when I look at this deck is "what the hell is this".
A deck with all 5 colors in 60 card format is not a good idea. It is occasionally tolerable in commander because there it's slow enough that you can afford to burn a couple turns looking for the right colors of mana, but in any other format, sheesh. Not the play.
Progenitus also needs to go. Even if it weren't 5 colors, 10 mana is a terrible play in any kind of 60 card play. Once again, this card might be barely acceptable in EDH-albeit slow-but in Modern? Any other deck can close you out before you can play it.
If you want to make it Bant colors, make it the W/U/G that Bant actually is. That's fine.
The World Tree probably is also a bad idea-you have God cards, but you're never gonna get a 10 mana spell off in any kind of constructed play except EDH. Cut it out as well.
Predator Ooze will probably not be playable on curve, so it should go too.
Pact of Negation is honestly probably not worth it. Yeah, it's 0 mana, but paying 5 on your next turn isn't worth it.
Slime Molding is probably not what you want in a deck like this-Slime Molding is meant for decks where you have a lot of free mana floating around and want to spend it on something. Once again, not something meant for Modern.
Honestly, I can't tell overall what your deck is meant to do. It looks like you threw an agglomeration of cards in, added in some counterspells, and called it a day. There seem to be a lot of token cards, but you don't have a Cathars' Crusade or anything else that would work with lots of creatures.
What the hell is Fynn, the Fangbearer doing in this deck?
Remove a lot of the slowest stuff and focus this deck on a theme. Then work from there
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 05:21:51 am by Lusunu »

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 06:36:30 am »
Worse than the previous one: I view this more like a collection of cards, that are Gods, which is not that bad, but the pretence that it's a deck? It's definitely decided: 5-colored decks don't work so well in Modern; shortcut to the best colours for Gods; not more than 2-3 for such a deck. I would cut the Progenitus thing any time, The World Tree also looks bad; 60 cards for sure, its more of a expensive shitty collection of cards, concentrate on fewer colours, a theme and better synergy between the creatures' abilities than just collecting God cards for the sake of them.
Regards:
Chavo

Xenroa

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 07:06:54 am »
Thank you!
Should chromatic lantern/replicating ring also be removed due to being slow or otherwise?

Also is Fynn a bad card?

ekans_

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:07 am »
I have to agree with Lusunu with most of their arguments.
Although this one I don't feel is correct.

right-first thing I thought to myself when I look at this deck is "what the hell is this".
A deck with all 5 colors in 60 card format is not a good idea. It is occasionally tolerable in commander because there it's slow enough that you can afford to burn a couple turns looking for the right colors of mana, but in any other format, sheesh. Not the play.

There's good 5-color decks in modern right now (Niv to Light and the Scapeshift variants) , but with the difference that they have a streamlined gameplan and run an extremely tight manabase of shocks, fetches etc. which isn't to be found here, which makes a 5-color deck very inconsistent.

But as mentioned I have to agree with Lunsunu, you need to get an idea of what your deck is trying to win with, as this seems a lot like just a pile of cards.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:59:37 am by ekans_ »

Rhoderick_45s

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 07:48:12 am »
I also agree, there are a few cards that shouldnt be there. Fynn is a good card but you will need it to work with a bunch of other death touch creatures, plus you will need more than one copy if thats the way you want to have a win combo. Maybe put in 4 growth spiral and 4 hour of promise for draw and mana ramp and 4 copies of negate to stop the opposition planeswalkers. Get rid of Ominous seas (by the time it comes into play and clicks over, the game will be over) and the others already mentioned. While you are at it, put in a few more Ugins if you can. There are some good new cancel cards like saw it coming which might help too.

Zareck

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 10:53:08 am »
Hola!

A ver si podemos ayudarte...

Lo primero es buscar una sinergia, estrategia que pueda hacer funcionar bien el Deck. Si quieres mantenerlo con muchos colores, yo te recomendaría quitar del Deck todo lo de coste doble, como Garruk, Primal Hunter, Conclave Cavalier, Predator Ooze, progenitus, Maja, Bretagard Protector, Shattered Angel, etc

Viendo las cartas que usas me decantaría por blanco/verde (criaturas y removals), azul/negro (draw y removals), o blanco/azul (control y removals).

Creo que puedes montarte algo chulo entorno a esta carta sin gastar demasiado, Ominous Seas (x4), orientando el Deck a draw cartas y al control con counters, tienes counters muy buenos y baratos, como remand y keep safe fomentando el draw, y también puedes incluir alguna de estas en el Deck o en el sideboard, spell Pierce, Miscast, Quench, Mystical Dispute, negate, Essence Capture, etc.

Además los clásicos opt y Serum Visions, que añadirán mas draw y se consiguen facilmente. Si te haces Deck azul/verde puedes meterle Growth Spiral y Elvish Visionary por ejemplo.

Veo que tienes 1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, esta carta es bastante potente, pero se necesita de mucho mana, así que 25 tierras minimo debería tener tu Deck...

En fin, hay muchas cosas que cambiar de tu Deck, lo mejor es que vayas probando y te decantes por la estrategia que más te guste.

Un saludo y gracias!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 12:49:30 pm by Zareck »
Www.dizemo.com