deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Inalla's clone factory - Comments  (Read 681 times)

Comment Bot

Inalla's clone factory - Comments
« on: June 23, 2021, 12:51:04 am »

Wisimir

• Decks
Re: Inalla's clone factory - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 12:51:04 am »
Nice deck you got there! I'm trying to build an Inalla Wizards deck for my casual playgroup and your list helps a great deal!

I like the inclusion of Dualcaster Mage + Twinflame!
Besides Spellseeker beeing a one card wincon, I found Aether Adept + Dockside Extortionist also beeing a flavourful way to finish the game. (Only if you play in an artifact/enchantment heavy meta/pod)

I also like the exclusion of Wanderwine Prophets!

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 02:03:02 pm »
Thanks for your primer!

I have an Inalla deck, but with your explanation on your card choices I can certainly upgrade / alter it to be more effective without buying (a lot) of (expensive) cards as I have quite a lot of wizards that I can evaluate better with your tips!

Retturub

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 01:14:18 pm »

Luitoine

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 01:50:57 pm »
Reflections Of Littjara
Molten Echoes

The two cards are already discussed in the section "Single-card discussion", subsection "A few options that might be good in the deck (if you want to change some cards or adapt to your local meta)"  ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:55:12 pm by Luitoine »

Matt3337

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 10:00:05 am »

Luitoine

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 10:35:36 pm »
I don't really remember if there was a real reason why I prefered "engulf the shore" to "evacuation", but I agree that the second one is more reliable!
I also find that "perplexing test" and "consuming tide" (even though it's a sorcery) are reasonable alternatives.

Matt3337

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 11:35:45 am »
This was my first Commander deck and I really like it very much. Due to your great work on this primer, I will share my experience and improvements on this deck:

- Arcane Signet is not included, but dominates e.g. Ragdos Signet
- try the recently published Xander's Lounge.
- I use Cyclone Summoner and also Living Death, not for reasonal things, just because they are very fun.
- Puppeteer Clique is in my opinion too strong to be sidelined. He won my last match together with sundial of the infite.
- try Tragic Slip. It is already a very strong removal spell due to it's low cmc and possibility to deal with indestructibility at instant speed. And the backlash shouldn't be a problem, because our tokens die as we attack.
- for me Herald's Horn prevails over Stonybrook Banneret (and Nightscape Familiar). The 1+ cmc is worth the card draw possibility. Also artefacts are a bit more reliant than creatures.
- I prefered Stunt Double over Dack's Duplicate, because the flash ability is fitting very well with ETB's. But now my very favorite is Phantasmal Image, due to it's low cmc.

A card which didn't convince me is Docent of Perfection // Final Iteration. But due to less opportunities of finishing I will give it another try. I added Insurrection, because it is a very nice finisher, which becomes stronger as u are behind. A win condition u didn't mentioned is Venser, Shaper Savant and e.g. Harmonic Prodigy to repeatly bounce some lands and make your opponents hate u!

This primer was a very nice help for me as I took a step into Commander. I love this deck for two reasons: U never have to deal with your commander. Also, as u already mentioned, u dont have to take care of your creatures. Also u can threat every opponent: if u attack me I will bounce u next round. Nobody wants his creatures to be bounced, but us.

Thank you for your great effort on this deck. It is by far the best primer I have read.

Matt3337

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 07:54:16 pm »
Hey, I just re-read the primer today and found something which is not true:

"casting Aether Adept + making a copy allows you to bounce one opponent's creature (with the first trigger), then bounce your Aether Adept back to your hand (with the second trigger), and be ready to do it again.
Venser, Shaper Savant can do the same trick as Aether Adept (given that you choose to sacrifice the token due to the legendary rule), becoming a Remand with buyback."

Because you can choose to bounce Venser, Shaper of Savant with the original's ETB. Then u can still create the token, using the last known Information of Venser, Shaper Savant. So u can use the token to block or attack or sth. (https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=433279)

However, I came here for a different update:
I added Pyre of Heroes. Which is pure fun. Just an Example for using it:
Have Mana Echoes and 3 random Wizard on Battlefield. Play Pyre of Heroes and use it to sacrifice a 3 CMC Wizard to search for Venser, Shaper savant. Use Mana Echoes Mana (3+3) to create the token, then use both ETB's to bounce Pyre of Heroes and a creature of the opponent with least creatures. Recast Pyre of Heroes, use it (still 1 Mana of Mana echoes Left) and search for Bloodline Necromancer. Create the token and get both, your 3 CMC random wizard and also your Venser, Shaper Savant back to battlefield. Use the Venser, Shaper Savant 's ETB on Himself and also on Pyre of Heroes. Cast Pyre of Heroes and use the created mana by Mana Echoes again to use it on Bloodline Necromancer 's token. Get Wanderwine Prophet, use the Token to champion the original. Now cast Venser, Shaper Savant (this time u need to tap for two blue mana, which makes 4 colorless and 2 blue mana in total not be paid by Mana Echoes) and of course, bounce a creature of same opponent as before and on Pyre of Heroes. Recast it and use it on Wanderwine Prophet, so the original comes back into game and gets championed once more. Search for Galecaster Colossus. Now just bounce all remaining creatures of same opponent, then attack with Wanderwine Prophets 's token, sacrifice it and get a new one. After that enjoy your endless turns :)
Pyre of Heroes is fun and powerful, also in my opinion, due to the restricted, but aimed wizard search, it is stronger than shifting shadow. But I am going for both.

Another card which should be mentioned is Winter Eladrin. Due to a bit more variabel Mana costs it dominates Aether Adept. Atm I am going for both

Also I checked dominaria united cards (release 9.9.2022):
  Aether Channeler - this card is pure gold. It is a combined Merchant of Secrets and Aether Adapt. Noting that Aether Channeler can deal with not just only creatures, but with nonland permanents also!
  Ertai Resurrected - not that cheap CMC, but it is a full counter spell and gives use the possibility of destroying 2 CMC commanders, which are not always worthy to bounce. And flash is always nice. Also it can be misused for card draw on our own, if we are desperate. In general this card makes us more variable.

One more thanks for your effort on this primer!

Luitoine

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 10:49:51 pm »
Thank you Matt3337 for all your comments and suggestions!

It seems you're right about Venser, Shaper Savant, which makes him even better in the deck!
Also, Winter Eladrin slipped under my radar (because who pays attention to commons those days?  ;D), but it's nice in the deck too.

About the Dominaria United card:
- Aether Channeler is an auto-include for me (it's perfect in the deck).
- I'm not that convinced by Ertai Resurrected, as he's legendary, cannot bounce himself, and may let the opponent draw. But if countering abilities is important for you, it might be the best wizard that does that (at least it's more versatile than voidmage husher, which I removed from the deck).
I was waiting for the set to be released to modify the list, but since I got some cards at the pre-release events, I'll do it now!

JulesR04

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 03:45:00 pm »
What about Supreme Inquisitor ? Just rip the opponents Deck apart...

Luitoine

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2023, 07:50:03 pm »
It's probably a very slow wincon, but you can play it if you like the card, it's very "on theme"!