deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Cycles you wish they would finish  (Read 2750 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Cycles you wish they would finish
« on: July 17, 2021, 07:40:43 am »
This will most likely end up about lands as they're the primary cycles not finished but which ones do you wish they would finish?

For me it's the lairs like Rith's Grove. 20 years later, it's not likely to happen and maybe it's out of nostalgia that I want them, but I've always wanted them for some reason.

ETA- since we're talking nostalgia, I'll throw in the slow fetches (Bad River for example). That would be a nice budget option for people.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 07:44:20 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Cycles you wish they would finish
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 08:12:29 am »
The damned Sword of Noun and Noun cycle. I have been waiting since DARKSTEEL for them to finish it. WotC still owes me a gruul sword and a dimir sword.

I also really like the Magus cycles. We kind of got Magus of the Cradle already,  and Magus of the Diamond, but I'd be happy to see something like Magus of the Chains.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 08:14:46 am by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 08:39:35 am »
Personally I'd have so much fun with a blue urborg, tomb of yawgmoth. I love island dependant cards and would love to build a deck abusing it however I'm scared for the toxicity other the red one with valakut, the molten pinnacle and the white one with cards like emeria shepherd.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 08:57:29 am »
Personally I'd have so much fun with a blue urborg, tomb of yawgmoth.

Boiling Seas price would skyrocket
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 09:20:53 am »
With the printing of Piru, the Volatile, I have high hopes we'll see the completion of the OG templated elder dragons cycle.

I love the design space they explored with Piru too. Turning the downside into a potential upside (and nuclear bomb).

I've built decks for the OG 5 and only Bolas and Vaevictis felt like they were worth running in the command zone. I've been brewing Piru and while I'm yet to play it, it seems like easily the best commander of the 8 mana elders. More of this please.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 10:21:45 am »
Personally I'd have so much fun with a blue urborg, tomb of yawgmoth.

Boiling Seas price would skyrocket

Yeah, Aaron Forsythe said on Twitter that blue, white and red Uroborg are never going to happen because of Boil, Boiling Seas, Flashfires and Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle.
Golgari is life. And death.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 04:11:57 pm »
I would like to see the mana elves.  We've got Llanowar Elves (green) [among others], Elves of Deep Shadow (black), and Avacyn's Pilgrim (white).  I would like the one-green-mana 1/1 mana Elf for red and blue too.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 05:20:40 pm »
I would like to see the mana elves.  We've got Llanowar Elves (green) [among others], Elves of Deep Shadow (black), and Avacyn's Pilgrim (white).  I would like the one-green-mana 1/1 mana Elf for red and blue too.

And we already have Boreal Druid for colorless as well.
This space for rent.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 08:30:58 am »

Ha! I just finished building a mono green elves/outlast deck, featuring Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Canopy Tactician, Incubation Druid, Silhana Ledgewalker, etc.

I LOVE elves/mana ramp decks. It's kind of my thing. I like using that as my base, then trying to color-combo from there.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 06:46:04 am »
From this thread: Lairs (and Triomes), Sword of X and Y and the off-color Elf Dorks

Obligatory Land wish: Horizon cycle (Modern Horizons 2 should have completed this one)

And just because it'll raise some hairs: Tolarian Academy et al. for Red and Black, although I don't know exactly which card types should be counted for each...

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 07:27:33 am »
And just because it'll raise some hairs: Tolarian Academy et al. for Red and Black, although I don't know exactly which card types should be counted for each...

Technically they completed this cycle, in their eyes anyway. Shivan Gorge and Phyrexian Tower were the red and black lands in it. I get what you’re saying though.

ETA- if they were going to do black now it would probably be something like Crypt of Agadeem which we already have.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:18:03 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Iwama

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 11:46:31 am »
From this thread: Lairs (and Triomes), Sword of X and Y and the off-color Elf Dorks

Obligatory Land wish: Horizon cycle (Modern Horizons 2 should have completed this one)

Like jlutzxinc (I thank god i can write it and don't have to pronounce ist^^) said; I would like to see the Triome-Cycle with friendly colors completed :D
"The victory is the goal - but not the reason - of the game."

0zbozz

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 08:39:39 pm »
Interesting ideas you post here! I guess it's technically not a real cycle because it's a lonely one off. But I would like to see different Krosan Verge lands.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 03:11:19 pm »
I'd like some more lands like Grove of the Burnwillows. It'd be nice to finish that cycle.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 06:35:26 pm »
I'd like some more lands like Grove of the Burnwillows. It'd be nice to finish that cycle.

This would actually be pretty cool and interesting to see.  It'd be cool to see them tie together lorewise though so maybe have them be unique lands to different planes that are connected and another way for beings to travel the multiverse at least a little bit by being able to travel to those planes through them.