deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: [Question] What's your first deck ever?  (Leído 1336 veces)

Federico Rosano

• Decks
[Question] What's your first deck ever?
« en: Julio 18, 2021, 10:18:27 am »
I start first. It was a mono blue deck I arranged back in 2003 with a bunch of cards I found. It had some cool cards in it tho: Phantom Warrior, Thieving Magpie, Wind Drake, Mana Leak, Dehydration. I'm still using some of these in my current decks.
But I was just a kid (10), I didn't pay attention to rules back then and I kept playing it wrong all the time: I drew up to 7 at the end of each turn, I probably played any amount of lands each time. I had so much fun and I still have today. I never stopped playing MTG.
« Última modificación: Julio 18, 2021, 10:20:51 am por Federico Rosano »

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: [Question] What's your first deck ever?
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 18, 2021, 10:16:42 pm »
My first deck is a Rosheen Meanderer deck. I think I played some 60 card decks before that but I'm not so sure about those anymore... One of them may have been an early version of Rosheen. I don't remember. I started around Shadowmoor, had a long pause and returned some two or three years ago. But about the Rosheen Meanderer deck; I still have it here on Deckstats and kinda in paper, too. I just don't like playing it because big Hydras and smashing face just don't do it for me anymore. I love interaction and thus I mostly play Blue these days.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Chandrahas

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Julio 18, 2021, 11:22:23 pm »
« Última modificación: Julio 18, 2021, 11:24:05 pm por Chandrahas »

KrypticKodex

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 19, 2021, 12:51:33 am »
My first was a mono white knight deck with dbl strike, and hexproof. Elspeth when Planeswalkers where first introduced. Funny enough I picked up borus/mardu last year and have gotten into arena heavily.

BlaseVolcano521

• Hello, I llke MTG, specifically Commander/EDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 19, 2021, 01:00:12 am »
A mono white Soldier deck. Pretty powerful and would be worth close to $2000 if I had not taken it apart.
Alex Lease

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Julio 19, 2021, 01:25:30 am »
I have 40 decks. 30 of them are really serious Tribes. 7 decks are in so-called Ultra Pro Guild Stash and I've 3 EDHs. The first decks I've built can be found as staples in my Tribal Gallery: Lorwyn Eldrayn Kaldheym Giants and a Mull Daya mashup with Primeval Titan. The other 2 decks that I got back a decade ago in 2012 are Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons. Virtually the edition are the only decks my father bought me, but since losing my job and suffering from episodic epilepsy and memory loss, he gives me money to buy some new cards and as stated at another topic, I'm trying to explore the possibility of finding cards in the clubs and the club culture of my home country Bulgaria. Just the first decks to summarize: Mul Daya, Lorwyn Giants and the aforementioned Duel Decks edition of Knights and Dragons. Time's passed and they've passed through a series of iterations, to the point of including bit of Blue in the Knights and Green in the Dragons. Not first 1 deck but cool 4 in the beginning, but it's great to remember and reconnect with these memories. Thanks for reminding me.
Regards:
Chavo

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Julio 19, 2021, 01:38:47 am »
I can't remember my first 60 card deck. My older brother got into magic pretty heavily several years before I did, and I remember really enjoying cards from original Mirrodin. The first EDH deck I built was around Innistrad release--Scion of the Ur-Dragon. It's a close second for my favorite deck of all time, and I'm really close to getting all of the cards I want for it. Just a couple of fetches away.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Julio 19, 2021, 06:38:14 am »
U/B Controll Classic Era 60 cards I was 11 years old this was in 95'

4 Island
4 Swamp
9 Snow-Covered Island
7 Snow-Covered Swamp

1 Sol Ring
4 Counterspell
4 Dark Ritual
4 Ray of Command
4 Terror

1 Demonic Tutor
2 Drain Life

2 lim-dul's high guard
2 hypnotic specter
2 Initiates of the Ebon Hand
1 Mahamoti Djinn
4 Air Elemental
4 Sengir Vampire
1 Baron Sengir

Classic; this takes me back! I had older cousins that were playing at this time; I was 7-8 in '95 but boy do I remember LOVING that card art the second I saw it.

My first deck wouldn't be until almost a decade later; 2015 core set, I built myself an awesome elves/hornets deck that did surprisingly well for someone new to magic. I still use Elvish Mystic / Llanowar Elves and Hornet Nest / Hornet Queen to this day. I also love Terra Stomper still! My first trample attack combo, lol 8) .

After that I started mixing in R and B to my G mono decks. Lots of Dispel, Negate, and my absolute favorites - Turn to Frog and Polymorphist's Jest. Can't go wrong with Volcanic Geyser, either; I've always preferred instants to sorceries when given the chance for similar effects.

My most recent deck/return to modern is almost ready to share on here! I'm very proud to have used this site to construct it, guided by math this time. It's tight and numbers are all on my side for once. I can't wait to play this deck (once all my cards arrive)! Thank you for creating this amazing resource for nerds like myself  8) .

entropize

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Julio 19, 2021, 06:46:23 am »
I have had three first decks since I suddenly stopped playing and then restart. My very first deck was a land creature deck that was a nightmare to play, might be why I quit the first time. The second deck I restarted with was a red and blue instant deck that bored me because it was way too easy to play. Then I created a life gain token deck which eventually evolved into a pure token modern deck. Still play it with the name of empty void. Not the best deck in the world, but I still love playing it.

Aldruhn

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Julio 19, 2021, 03:42:33 pm »
Started back then in 2013 when Gatecrash came out and built an Orzhov Extortion Deck, which is easily still my favorite mechanic. Guilds ftw!

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Julio 21, 2021, 12:15:48 am »
My very first deck was a mono-green pile of Timmy "good stuff". Pretty sure I was playing Thorn Elemental, Rhox, Plated Slagwurm and Rootbreaker Wurm (no idea how I planned to cast them, though...).

This transformed pretty quickly in an Elfball deck, which was my first "serious" deck -- meaning that it was a deck that made some sense and wasn't just a random pile of cards.

I started playing during Onslaught block, so it was the perfect time to build Elf tribal. However, my friend's Sliver deck always felt unbeatable! Ward Sliver and Shifting Sliver, I used to hate you so much!

Funnily enough, another friend that used to beat me fairly often was playing a deck similar to the one you described: a mono-blue fliers deck. I can remember he was playing Mahamoti Djinn, Spiketail Hatchling, Phantom Warrior, Thieving Magpie and probably Mana Leak. It was a full withe border 8th edition deck  :)
« Última modificación: Julio 21, 2021, 12:20:09 am por The Golgari Guy »
Golgari is life. And death.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Respuesta #11 en: Julio 21, 2021, 01:25:55 am »
Started with a zombie starter from Onslaught, but quickly built my own Naya big creatures deck around Form of the Dragon and big vanilla bois. Eventually cracked a Mayael, the Anima at a prerelease and I think that was the planting of the seed that eventually got me into EDH a few years ago.

phonologix

• Decks
« Respuesta #12 en: Julio 21, 2021, 05:33:12 am »
First deck I even tried to make other than dumping cards of the same color into a pile without reading anything was a Lorehold spirit deck that still handles decently well. Venerable Warsinger was a cornerstone. That's for cardboard, first Arena deck I made myself (not NPE) was Touch Me, a mono-black deathtouch deck, because figures.
If you can't tell, I resisted being sucked into the MTG vortex for a long time ;) Don't worry, I've gone way over the deep end to make up for lost years

Paintrain22

• Decks
« Respuesta #13 en: Julio 21, 2021, 04:21:34 pm »
(warning: things will be spelled wrong)my first deck was a selesnia token deck that used mentor of the meek, segovian angles, 1 acorn catapult, a shockingly low number of lands, 4 fog cards, arcon of absloution, and questing beast. The deck had a low number of lands because I didn't have enough to make a deck and I made many modications to it over time. I know that the arcon of absolution, questing beast, and the lord of garenberg were not in there origanally. I still have the deck, but I don't use it because it sucks.
Paintrain22