deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Did i do good?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Yes but needs work
1 (50%)
No needs work
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: My first mill deck ive made  (Read 509 times)

acedabeast

• Decks
My first mill deck ive made
« on: July 11, 2021, 10:15:34 pm »
so this is my first attempt at a mill deck, im going off of what i've seen on MTGA... is there anything i should look for or did i cover most of it? please feel free to rate my deck

https://deckstats.net/decks/180949/2146059-mill-deck

yes i know common courtesy is not a legal card in all formats simply in there for casual play

Federico Rosano

• Decks
Re: My first mill deck ive made
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 06:13:30 pm »
Personal general tip I'd like to share with you: if you go for a winning strategy (Mill in this case), pick only cards that work together towards it. You're playing with a lot of cards that don't mill at all: Bonded Fetch, Guard Gomazoa, Telepathy, ecc. You should really think about each card you included that doesn't mill. Do you really need it? If the answer is yes, why? Being a good card is not enough.

Down here there's my Mill deck, hoping to help you. It's not competitive, but it wins and could help you think a bit better on your deck.
As second personal tip: Mill is a boring mechanic imo. It doesn't interact with the board and it wins pretty much every time the same. Among my decks is the one I enjoyed playing the least. I have dozens of deck ideas on my profile page, check them out.

https://deckstats.net/decks/88072/1600763-mill

acedabeast

• Decks
Re: My first mill deck ive made
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 07:38:19 pm »
Thank you for the feedback on these cards, the only reason why i made this deck was to try something else. I've only played the deck once since I've made it and i can agree with you that mill isn't a very fun way to play the game. Generally the only decks i know how to make are black life gain/steal decks and the only reason why i made this deck is because i see a lot of it in MTGA and had a good general idea on what i need. I will more than likely look at your decks for ideas on what I want to work towards next.

speaking of which is there a good sliver deck out there or is it just a janky playstyle? nvm i see that i dont have the cards for it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 07:43:51 pm by acedabeast »