deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: first legacy deck, Reyhan/Juri comb  (Read 326 times)

caphalor249

• Decks
first legacy deck, Reyhan/Juri comb
« on: July 20, 2021, 09:47:42 am »

hey, What do you think about the deck? its my first try for deckbuilding, I would like to hear what i could do better and what you would recommend me when deckbuilding in the future! :D

The gameplan would be to use Reyhan transfer the counters to Juri and then let him die with 20 +1+1.... sounded great in theory^^ can you help me make it work?

https://deckstats.net/decks/185810/2155938-r-b-g-sacrifice-and-1-1
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 09:51:15 am by caphalor249 »

Alphas-Howl

• Decks
Re: first legacy deck, Reyhan/Juri comb
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 03:58:30 pm »
Looks fun, but it feels more Like a Commander Deck than a legacy deck. The real questions you need to ask yourself when building your own legacy deck are the following: what would be my ideal opening hand? How many turns do I need to win, ranging from the optimal situation to average? How often am I in these situations? What could my opponent do to disrupt me and how can I play around that? What kind of decks are my weaknesses and how do I disrupt them?

You should consider counter measures for Counterspells because like half of all legacy players are playing force of will. Look at your creatures with 4, 5 or higher mana value and consider the following question: do they win you the game when you play them or do you have to wait for your next turn to do so? Because if you spend 5 mana or more on a creature and it doesn't help you to win the game next turn if it lives, then it is not useful in your deck.

Hope this was a bit helpful for you, check out my latest Commander Deck if you want, I'd like to hear your opinion on it. If you have any more questions, just message me.

caphalor249

• Decks
Re: first legacy deck, Reyhan/Juri comb
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 11:54:48 am »
thanks for all this advice! yeah I need to ask myself all these questions and consider what my actual win-con is and how i stop them from disrupting me!

maybe it really would be a better commander-theme :D

and your deck looks awesome! i cant say much about performance but rune-tail was one of my first legendaries and my first flip-card and seeing it as a commander feels so good! :D
I hope you wreck havoc :D