deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Votação

Which would you have rather had- Core set or D&D set?

Core Set
7 (38.9%)
D&D set
5 (27.8%)
Indifferent- new cards are new cards
6 (33.3%)

Votos totais: 18

Autor Tópico: Core Set or D&D set- which would you have rather had?  (Lida 1041 vezes)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Core Set or D&D set- which would you have rather had?
« em: Julho 26, 2021, 04:56:02 pm »
Simple question, which would you have rather had release this month- a new Core set or the D&D set?
This space for rent.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Core Set or D&D set- which would you have rather had?
« Responder #1 em: Julho 26, 2021, 05:39:27 pm »
Premise: I have never played D&D, so the flavor of this set is flying a bit over my head...

Ultimately, I would have preferred a normal core set, and the reason is simple: reprints!

Core 2021 gave us some sweet, sweet reprints: Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Heroic Intervention, Fabled Passage, Grim Tutor, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon!

I love reprints that bring down the price of cards, and in this D&D set we had none.

Also the fact that core sets have fewer new cards helps reduce the sensation of "product fatigue" that I've been having lately: I like to update my decks and to know all the new cards that come out, but with so many closely spaced sets that are released it's getting more and more difficult.
Golgari is life. And death.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Responder #2 em: Julho 26, 2021, 06:41:44 pm »
As a Tribal player, I'm totally indifferent: new cards are new cards. However, as stated on another topic: I rarely expect more than 4 to 5 cards from each set, apart from the new Tribal combinations I'm making like Slivers, Hydras, Ninjas and cheap Devoid Eldrazi. I rarely have hopes and great expectations tedistently writing machinery on more than 4 to 5 cards, rarely hopes for Enchantment Creatures like those from Modern Horizons 2 to fill my Estrid, the Masked EDH deck. I even haven't bought those ones, but they're in the version here, albeit not in the full deck, although not very unlikely to be bought in the future. The Tribes are the priority. I have Hydras and Ninjas in evolution mainly in finding the money and then individual caprices in such cards. To have a new toolkit box to fill with Tribal decks. That's the end-year target and I hope to fulfill it. So, new cards are new cards. Even, D&D wasn't such a blast as it had some few Tribal things like Den of the Bugbear and Hobgoblin Bandit Lord, but I don't look in the upcoming sets in Standard so much rather than in Tribal mindset. Approach to synergy with many creatures in united attack that have lords. Just, it's that I don't have decks that aren't Tribal oriented. Really. Even the Nature of the Beast, which was conceived from scratch, is one of the best Tribal EDH budget editions that can be easily built from scratch with buying the cards that'd be the same financially as buying the edition itself. It's basically the same for me, even better since I had good selection of Beasts that I could select and chose from when making the order and I had several like Godsire, Mayael the Anima, Mayael's Aria and Titanic Ultimatum provided by my friend Boris (krgr) when was making the deck around Christmas. 44 decks and I'm always brewing, but new cards are new cards. I'm looking just at Innistrad: Vampires, but I don't expect more than several Madness ones, and probably re-releasing Stromkirk Captain. I love this deck of mine. 4x Lightning Bolt, 3x Terminate, 3x Stromkirk Captain, 2x Rakish Heir, 2x Indulgent Aristocrat, 2x Stromkirk Noble, 2x Cordial Vampire. All the time counters. Oh, and 2x Bloodline Keeper // Lord of Lineage for sure. Fantastic deck. I hope to get some new, I'm hoping for a new Red-Black lord in the line of Falkenrath and Stromkirk but better. Several new cards are several new cards. Ok, I make new decks from new editions, like I totally did for The Ur-Dragon, but it's gradual process, since I had that idea of combining Fate Refordged: Ojutai, Soul of Winter, Silumgar, the Drifting Death and Dromoka, the Eternal together with the Alara line of Intet, the Dreamer, Rith, the Awakener and those types, but without Atarka, World Render; filled with a lots of defenders evenly with like-flavored cards: Nesting Dragon, Pramikon, Sky Rampart and Arcades, the Strategist. I decided to play Atarka, World Render in Modern deck with Sarkhan Vol and Dragon Broodmother in a Duel Deck edition Knights vs. Dragons, back in 2011, when I had my reentry in the game. I hope to achieve 45 deck or 4th EDH deck, one of those from Commander 2017, somewhere around next year, because they're expensive editions for sure. New editions are new editions. Also. Some EDH editions can be incredible additions to one's collection like it happened with Adaptive Enchantment. It's already old, but precon editions are also very good and people can have good approximate versions like it's with Nature of the Beast.
Kind regards:
Chavo

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Responder #3 em: Julho 26, 2021, 07:02:30 pm »
Personally I'd have rather had a regular Core set. Like previously mentioned, the reprints are usually the best part of this time of year with the Core sets. That's likely bias though as I look at things from a point of view of what fits into my current decks or makes me want to make a new deck.

I will say that I'm not a D&D player, I don't think I've ever played it. Nor has the majority of people at my LGS and of the ones that do not many play Magic. To me this seems like something designed more to try to bring D&D players into Magic than it is something for the existing Magic players. Perhaps it would have been better off as a supplemental set in addition to the Core set (of course then I'm sure people would have complained about it just being "another product" release).

This space for rent.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Responder #4 em: Julho 27, 2021, 07:01:14 am »
I'm that oddball that actually likes, enjoys, and collects CORE SETS.

The D&D block is boring me already, not a fan of the dice mechanic, though it's an intuitive, obvious crossover.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Responder #5 em: Julho 29, 2021, 01:57:01 pm »
I'm really shocked in a way to not have more votes for D&D. I started this thinking it would be a close "battle". Never expected that the third option of indifferent would get more votes than D&D itself.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Responder #6 em: Julho 29, 2021, 03:24:26 pm »
I was one of the ones who voted indifferent because cards are cards to me. However there are reprints in the Forgotten Realms Commander set such as heroic intervention along with a few others.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Responder #7 em: Julho 30, 2021, 06:39:57 am »
I believe they're already planning to do a 2022 core set next year, on the actual year, no?

Korlich

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Julho 30, 2021, 09:05:35 am »
I don't like UB period. MTG has it's own special UNIverse.