deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help me out, please.  (Read 848 times)

JackPenman

• Decks
Help me out, please.
« on: August 05, 2021, 03:42:30 am »
The poll seemed to not get many answers, so maybe just comments will work better? Here is the deck I want to be evaluated:
https://deckstats.net/decks/186903/2174958-oko-the-trickiest-trickster

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Help me out, please.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 10:11:57 am »
I don't understand... Which format do you want to play this deck in? Commander (100 cards singleton) or some 60 cards format?

Anyway, I'm sorry but if I have to be honest this looks like a random pile of cards. You should think about the strategy of the deck and how you are going to enact it.

I understand that maybe you made this with the cards you own, and if that's the case I can suggest some cards to acquire for cheap. But first you need to come up with a strategy and most importantly decide which format you want to play.
Golgari is life. And death.

MMerryweather

• Clip clop galoplop, I'm a talking horse
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 03:17:19 pm »
Yeah, outline the colors you want, what format you're interested in, and the strategy you're thinking about
The Cloud People know who you are and where you live. Cease your investigations.

JackPenman

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 05:36:08 pm »
I have 0 idea what strategy I wanna play, I only play kitchen counter casual, and yeah, it's just cards I own and threw together what synergies I saw. It is all based on the (I think the term is) Precon "Oko, the Trickster" Planeswalker deck.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:37:56 pm by JackPenman »

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 06:38:01 pm »
That’s the thing, every deck should have at least a generic game plan. Ramp early, draw cards, answer threats, and find some way to win. Most (and by most I mean pretty much all) of the planeswalker precon decks are pretty bad, lacking in all of the listed departments. If you want to play a fairly strong deck on a budget, but still be fair enough for casual play, I suggest playing Pauper. Cheap format, easy to find cards, and still with enough power to be fun. EDH/Commander is also very casual if you are into that. Hope this helps!
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

MMerryweather

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 07:48:27 pm »
Yeah, I would agree that Pauper format is the place to start

Here's a suggestion:
https://deckstats.net/decks/129001/1458804-affinity-upgrades-to-planeswal/en#show__spoiler

Here's another suggestion, but it's more blue heavy:
https://deckstats.net/decks/152259/1674940-underwater-kraktopus/en#show__spoiler
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 07:50:38 pm by MMerryweather »
The Cloud People know who you are and where you live. Cease your investigations.

MMerryweather

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 08:12:04 pm »
Did those suggestions help?

JackPenman

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 11:13:11 pm »
Yes, they actually did. I now plan on getting the cards I am missing for the upgraded Oko precon. Thank you all for your help!

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 04:47:59 am »
You're welcome! Have fun with that deck and any others you may build in the future!
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo