deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt spoilers  (Read 5420 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt spoilers
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2021, 04:30:10 pm »
Snapcaster Mage is already banned in at least one format; they had to make one that's THAT MUCH better?

What format is Snapcaster banned in? I can't think of one.

ETA- when I look on the gatherer, they have him legal in all four formats he would be legal in.  (Modern, Vintage, Legacy, and Commander)

Anyway, as for the card itself...so the most anti-blue card in this set is in blue.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:36:48 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2021, 05:55:51 pm »
Holy $#!+.  It wasn't enough to make the now-ubiquitous "everything gets this set's mechanic" card, but they had to make everything UNCOUNTERABLE too?  Seriously?  Snapcaster Mage is already banned in at least one format; they had to make one that's THAT MUCH better?

What's that?  People ONLY cast Counterspells with Snapcaster, and the effect is symmetrical so it's bad?  As if.  I'm just about done with the powercreep in Standard.  Other formats and I MIGHT not care, but this will be IN STANDARD.  WTF WOTC.
It's also 5 mana and doesn't do anything by itself. It's been awhile since I've played Standard, but creatures that cost 5-6+ mana should either give you guaranteed value or be difficult to remove. This is neither. At best, you wait until you have 6-7 mana so you can play it and replay a cantrip. Also, it does turn off some of blue's most powerful instants, which means there's a serious opportunity cost to including him.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2021, 06:36:49 pm »
Snapcaster Mage is already banned in at least one format; they had to make one that's THAT MUCH better?

What format is Snapcaster banned in? I can't think of one.

ETA- when I look on the gatherer, they have him legal in all four formats he would be legal in.  (Modern, Vintage, Legacy, and Commander)

Anyway, as for the card itself...so the most anti-blue card in this set is in blue.  ;D
Fixed, sorry.  Occasionally the official Banlist page bugs out; at one point Lucky Clover was missing from the Standard section, and Wizards had to put it back.  That isn't to say that Snapcaster was NEVER banned in Modern, but it's been off for years and that bug made me think it was back.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 06:40:22 pm by jlutzxinc »

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 12:26:42 am »
Personally, I'm hoping that there aren't too many cards that are good for my decks because I've been buying too many singles lately  :D

I'm pretty happy. The only card I really want from the set is Cathartic Pyre, and I preordered a Vanquish the Horde since it's gonna be a staple. Maybe I'll get some of the new "slow" lands, but I don't really need them.

So in the end, only 2 cards that I really want. I consider this a win  :)
Golgari is life. And death.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 01:18:44 pm »
Preordered Vanquish the Horde (just because), Champion of the Perished (for Varina), Augur of Autumn (for Sidisi), and the commander precons (Undead Unleashed for me and the other one for my son). More than I had hoped for since I was hoping for not many to buy but not as bad as it could have been I suppose.

Of course, another set drops in two months so who knows.

ETA- I may keep the Undead Unleashed precon together to see if any new toys come out for it in the second Innistrad set before I decide what to do with it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:10:41 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2021, 06:17:02 pm »
So as of right now, according to MTGStocks.com, the top 5 cards based on selling average from the set:

The Meathook Massacre at $46.75
Wrenn and Seven at $41.99.
Arlinn, the Pack's Hope at $17.21
Teferi, Who Slows the Sunset at $11.26
Tainted Adversary at $9.12

I'm not surprised by the planeswalkers, they almost always are up there right after a set releases. I am surprised by The Meathook Massacre. It's not a card many people were talking about before the release. I figured it would see play but I didn't expect it to be that expensive.
This space for rent.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2021, 06:35:37 pm »
I'm not surprised by the planeswalkers, they almost always are up there right after a set releases. I am surprised by The Meathook Massacre. It's not a card many people were talking about before the release. I figured it would see play but I didn't expect it to be that expensive.

I'm also a bit shocked by the price of The Meathook Massacre.

I have 3 decks with a heavy Aristocrats theme, but I've look at the card during spoilers seasons and decided I didn't need it.

Was I wrong? Is this a staple for Aristocrats deck, or is it just a lot of hype?

To be clear, I know that the card is good, just don't think it's 50$ good...
Golgari is life. And death.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2021, 06:48:05 pm »

I'm also a bit shocked by the price of The Meathook Massacre.

I have 3 decks with a heavy Aristocrats theme, but I've look at the card during spoilers seasons and decided I didn't need it.

Was I wrong? Is this a staple for Aristocrats deck, or is it just a lot of hype?

To be clear, I know that the card is good, just don't think it's 50$ good...

I would rather run Black Sun's Zenith most of the time.
Happy Brewing!
:)

nelsonzop

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2022, 09:11:08 am »
I'm Modern Tribal casual player and I look forward and expect only several cards from each upcoming and ongoing year set, due to the simple reason that Standard rolls out pretty quickly, each and every year. techzpod download mobdro
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 12:23:17 pm by nelsonzop »