English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Do you have a pet card...

<< < (2/4) > >>

The Golgari Guy:
Not sure if it's a pet card or just an underplayed good card, but I really enjoy Sarkhan's Unsealing in Xenagos.

There are probably better cards to play than a 4-mana enchantment that does usually nothing on the turn it's cast, but I just really enjoy wiping my opponents' board when slamming down a huge dragon. Also, it's very on theme since my Xenagos deck is basically dragon tribal  :)

CashEntropic:
My pet card in the traditional sense (I slam it everywhere I can) is Ghostly Flicker for sure.

My pet Card in a non-traditional sense is Niv-Mizzet Reborn I have always wanted to make an all guilds matter deck and that was basically ludicrous till that showed up and now i have 5 different commander decks with reborn at the helm.

Aetherium Slinky:
My pet card is the commander of my pet deck: Merieke Ri Berit. I am aware that there are probably better options out there for a high power deck but they're not on flavour for untapping since MRB is the only* Esper commander that cares about being untapped. Love the art, love the mechanic (it's a bit broken, not OP broken), love the card overall. When I play her I feel like I'm asking for this lady of the woods to come and lure stranded travellers to an embrace of death. Great stuff!

*There's also Lady Evangela but she's even less powerful.

EDIT: I also like Reality Ripple and I play it in some of my decks. Phasing is a surprisingly powerful mechanic allowing me to remove threats for an entire rotation or it protects my stuff from wipes and targeted removal for a rotation. The good thing about it is that it also protects stuff that care about imprint because the target doesn't leave the battlefield.

Shafi5557:
Everflowing Chalice

I dump all my mana into this cup. Tapping this card feels like pouring out a drink for myself.
I bought 24 copies of this card even though I only have 6 active commander decks.

I feel great sadness when someone destroys my holy grail or worse: turn it into a raven or beast.

I also love Gilded Lotus but that card is optimal in all decks.

Potato Chop:
Etali, Primal Storm. Just flipping those cards from the tops of everyone's libraries... The supense, the value, the intrigue!

It's just a really fun card, and I'm putting it in every red commander deck I own. I don't care if it isn't on-theme, I'm more of a casual player anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version