deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Anyone else has/had trouble fitting tokens in deck boxes for token heavy decks?  (Read 1547 times)

Shafi5557

• Decks
I never have enough space for tokens in my deck boxes. For both commander decks and standard decks.

I use Ultra Pro Eclipse Pro Deck Boxes for commander & the normal Ultra Pro (Solid Color) Deck Boxes for standard decks.
I have 25 commander decks & 6 standard decks, so I can't afford the more expensive fancy deck boxes.

What deck boxes do you guys use? 

Oldskultxo

• Decks
There are some useful dual deck boxes, take a look for example https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/deck-box-review-5-10-dual-twin-double-edition
(they are not so expensive)
I have one of this: Ultra Pro Pro-Dual Deck Box (cheap and cool)
I use Ultimate Guard boxes, but they are much more expensive
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:27:03 pm by Oldskultxo »

Shafi5557

• Decks
There are some useful dual deck boxes, take a look for example https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/deck-box-review-5-10-dual-twin-double-edition
(they are not so expensive)
I have one of this: Ultra Pro Pro-Dual Deck Box (cheap and cool)
I use Ultimate Guard boxes, but they are much more expensive

Thanks!
I never considered using the Dual Deck Boxes for my token focus decks. In my mind, Duel Deck Boxes were for carrying 2 decks.
I think I already have 1 or 2 lying around.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Instead of trying to find bigger deckboxes, have you considered reusable tokens?

InfiniTokens are really cool because you can use a dry-erase marker to write out the specific token you need, then erase once you're done. You'll only need like 5-10 in each deckbox, and you won't need to buy/keep track of what tokens you need.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but they've been really helpful for me.

Shafi5557

• Decks
Instead of trying to find bigger deckboxes, have you considered reusable tokens?

InfiniTokens are really cool because you can use a dry-erase marker to write out the specific token you need, then erase once you're done. You'll only need like 5-10 in each deckbox, and you won't need to buy/keep track of what tokens you need.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but they've been really helpful for me.

Blank tokens would be a lot easier to manage but I love using specified tokens because it feels more epic/immersive.
I'll definitely buy some blank tokens for copy tokens. It's hard to keep track of which card/token copied which card in my lazav clone deck.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
I just have a separate box for my tokens (two of them actually). I use those cheap deck boxes made for 60 card decks. I have a Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer deck that has a bunch of different tokens, so I know the struggle.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
I don’t use boxes. For simplicity I use 2!tokens that are the same. Make 1 untapped with the other token tapped and just use dice/spin down/counters after that. Any attacked tapped token gets that amount and any new or untapped get that amount. Less flooding of tokens while knowing how many I have
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
I use Ultimate Guard Boulder deck boxes but I keep my tokens in separate boxes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 04:53:11 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

MonteTribal

• Decks
I also have a second box for this problem. I make a lot of Goblin and Saproling tokens, no way they'd fit in one box with a full deck.

HumbleFishMonger

• Decks
I just have a separate box for my tokens (two of them actually). I use those cheap deck boxes made for 60 card decks. I have a Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer deck that has a bunch of different tokens, so I know the struggle.

Same. I just alphabetize them. If I have doubled sided ones those get put in their own spot or the whole deck gets it own token section.

BoBWiz

• Decks
I love it too to use the right tokens.

So getting a seperate token-box seems the best I guess. For very specific tokens as emblems, I do them to the specific deck.

For the most I got that cheap plastic ultimate guard Deckboxes. In the 100+ comander boxes, tokens and sidebaord should be fit in. I do not have that much cEDH.

My playgroup got a folder at the place we play, with almost ALL tokens usually used and even some weird stuff as well.

I use that Bundle Boxes as well for decks and tokens. There should be no problems with space in it.

best
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:52:17 am by BoBWiz »

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
I can't relate but I sympathize with you. My only solution and probable only relief is to get the deckbuilder/bundle toolkit and use it for 4-5 decks. I'm Modern Tribal casual player and usually when I come with new bunch of tribals, I try to find a bundle box in order to put them in. In this case even Wurms with Advent of the Wurm and the "double advent" Armada Wurm with good many tokens get their place in the bundle. There can't be space in the bundle of Tribals. I can't relate but I am sympathising and this would be my main advice and suggestion: find a bundle box. If you have 15 decks? Find 3.  ;)
Regards:
Chavo

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks

Wow. I missed this the first time through the thread but this is the answer to a question I've been asking myself...what to do for the ability counters in my Skullbriar deck! They have small ones that look perfect for that! Thanks!
This space for rent.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
I have one deck box that contains all the tokens for all my decks, alphabetized and ordered by printing (newest to oldest). Double-sided tokens are sorted either by which side has the lower collector's number or which side I would prefer seperate. (For example, my Myr / Treasure tokens are identified as Myr, since I already have lots of treasures.)

It's great 'cause whenever anyone needs a token I can just pull out my token box and flick through the beautifully sorted tokens until I get to the correct one. "Zombies at the back, Angels at the front" is my mantra :P

markdemonbreun

• Patron
  • Decks
I use Ultimate Guard Sidewinder deck boxes exclusively. For 60-card formats, the Sidewinder 80+ boxes can hold a sleeved deck, 15 card sideboard, 20-30 or so tokens, a handful of extra sleeves, and rigid plastic dividers separating each of those sections. If the deck in question has fewer tokens, it can handle a double-sleeved deck, but it's tight. I don't do much double-sleeving. For Commander, the Sidewinder 100+ is similar: deck, dividers, tokens, extra sleeves. Plenty of room for all of that since there's not a sideboard. They are one of the most expensive deck box options, but they are extremely nice and built to last.

Mark
Mark DeMonbreun
Nashville, TN, United States