deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet Question  (Read 706 times)

JoHoN

• Decks
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet Question
« on: September 21, 2021, 12:49:37 pm »
Hello All,
Interaction question,
My opponent controls Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet and I control Generator Servant, if I tap Generator Servant to activate his ability I know he will be exiled due to Kalitas but will Generator Servant's ability still go on the stack and resolve if there is not other interactions ?

boncoswoll

• Decks
Re: Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet Question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 12:57:54 pm »
Hi JoHon,

Yes, this works the way you want it to.

Kalitas causes a replacement effect to trigger when ever a creature an opponent controls dies. As you rightly say, this means that when you sacrifice Generator Servant, it will be exiled.

However, Generator Servant's mana ability doesn't require it to die to trigger, it simply requires you to sacrifice Generator Servant as part of its cost. You will still get the two colourless mana and if you use it on a creature, it will still get haste for the turn.

If we compare it to something like Doomed Dissenter, we can see an example of wording where a creature specifically needs to die (i.e. hit the graveyard) for its ability to trigger.

Hope this helps.

JoHoN

• Decks
Re: Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet Question
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 01:01:20 pm »
That does help. Great explanation, thank you!