English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Clues as card draw

<< < (2/3) > >>

Potato Chop:
I like them, but only when synergistic. I mean, sure, I'd run either of these in a mono white deck (if I had one), but only as a filler where other more effective cards are missing. In an artifact / enchantment deck, these are top-of-the-chart goodness, especially as sacrifice fodder for bigger effects. Clue and Food tokens are great for Time Sieve and Audacious Reshapers, just to name a couple off the top of my head.

PaladinKnightLord:
I think it depends on the type of deck you're putting it in. For example a deck revolving around card draw would make little use of clue tokens to draw. But in some other decks it may be useful. I am putting together a Scooby-Doo deck for Halloween and intend to use a lot of clue tokens. Just gotta test it out.

Varatius:
I think this is leading to a white commander that reduces the cost to activate clues. Which if this does happen I feel it’s a solid way to give white card draw that’s fair but good.  Maybe make it make the first clue you active each turn cost 0 and also make clues when an opponent does x.

The Golgari Guy:

--- Quote from: Varatius on September 15, 2021, 06:02:11 pm ---I think this is leading to a white commander that reduces the cost to activate clues. Which if this does happen I feel it’s a solid way to give white card draw that’s fair but good.  Maybe make it make the first clue you active each turn cost 0 and also make clues when an opponent does x.

--- End quote ---

How about Zirda, the Dawnwaker?

Varatius:

--- Quote from: The Golgari Guy on September 15, 2021, 06:40:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: Varatius on September 15, 2021, 06:02:11 pm ---I think this is leading to a white commander that reduces the cost to activate clues. Which if this does happen I feel it’s a solid way to give white card draw that’s fair but good.  Maybe make it make the first clue you active each turn cost 0 and also make clues when an opponent does x.

--- End quote ---

How about Zirda, the Dawnwaker?

--- End quote ---

I mean yes zirda but I'm talking I think they will settle on clues as white card draw if they do we hopefully will see a very specific made for clues in mono white commander

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version