deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Undead Unleashed Editing  (Read 8421 times)

Landale

• Decks
Re: Undead Unleashed Editing
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2021, 06:51:43 pm »
Thoughts on Repository Skaab?
Utterly degenerate, in a good way if you're the one using it, with things like Patriarch's Bidding or Zombie Apocalypse around.
For my deck itself, I currently have 8 targets for it including the Patriarch's Bidding, so there are good odds at it pulling something back up. It just happens to be yet another amazing 3+ Zombie in that giant pile of 3+ Zombies fighting for a slot that I have no idea what I'd do to give it the space. I wish they had given it a smaller body, like 0/1 or 1/1, if that could have brought the cost down to at least 2. Cuts there are much easier.

Not sure if you are interested though in Crowded Crypt but I figure if stuff is dying that I may as well utilize stuff dying and make more zombies.
On paper I like it. In practice, it's a 3 mana mana rock that only gives black and eats a removal spell before you can build up the 6 other mana and/or corpse counters to make good use of it.

Revision 43

Added/removed cards:
-1 Fleshbag Marauder
+1 Gleaming Overseer

After a few tests, I've come to the conclusion that Fleshbag Marauder is underwhelming in this deck. It just doesn't lean hard enough into recursion to make it useful. Decks that run so few creatures that a one time sac of their choice would still hurt are far less common than those that can pitch a token or some ETB creature that already served its purpose.
I'll give the Overseer a few tests now, see if it helps any. If not, I'll probably put the Ghastly Gloomhunter back in until I can get ahold of a Noxious Ghoul or Repository Skaab and see how those do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:43:41 pm by Landale »

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2021, 09:03:49 pm »

Revision 45

Added/removed cards:
-1 Gleaming Overseer
+1 Noxious Ghoul

Even getting a second chance, Gleaming Overseer just doesn't cut it. The deck creates zombie tokens steadily, but not particularly in mass outside of a couple of cards. This is especially true due to the number of Decayed Zombies not being capable of sticking around. Menace being limited to tokens only is proving to be a mild annoyance at best, not something that would realistically win games.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2021, 12:13:42 am »

Revision 46

Added/removed cards:
-1 Crush Dissent
-1 Junkyo Bell
-1 Siege Zombie
+1 Crippling Fear
+1 Plague Belcher
+1 Whip of Erebos

Got a Whip of Erebos and a couple other nice additions. Going to see how they work out, then see if things are stable enough as far as life goes to work Shepherd of Rot back in.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2022, 10:20:29 pm »
You still playing any with this?
This space for rent.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2022, 10:33:08 pm »
I'm still playing it, yeah. I just haven't really made any changes since there hasn't been much new stuff to support it.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2022, 10:38:05 pm »
That's where I'm at with my Sidisi and Varina decks. Not many new toys lately for them.
This space for rent.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2022, 11:05:57 pm »
I'm hoping the Baldur's Gate set has some decent zombies in it, or at the very least some nice sacrifice payoffs.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2022, 03:49:23 am »

Revision 49

Added/removed cards:
-1 Teferi's Ageless Insight
+1 Kindred Discovery

Nothing major here, since new zombies haven't been a thing all year, but I did luck into a Kindred Discovery so swapping that in to put the Tereri's Ageless Insight into a non tribal deck to fix up draw there too.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2022, 02:10:30 am »

Revision 53

Added/removed cards:
-1 Shepherd of Rot
+1 Underground River
+1 Vogar, Necropolis Tyrant

Changed amounts:
-1 Snow-Covered Swamp

Finally found a new toy for Wilhelt. Vogar should get out of hand really fast with all the Decayed Zombies around
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:51:37 am by Landale »

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2023, 09:26:11 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/168446/2234088-wilhelt-the-rotcleaver/en?revision=57

A few little changes here and there.
I managed to luck into an Agadeem's Awakening, so I threw that in in place of one of my swamps.
I put in Ashnod's Intervention for two purposes. Vogar seems to be a magnet for exile removal, so this helps protect him or anything else from that. On the other hand, one of the people I play with regularly has taken to playing a blink deck and this helps to disrupt infinite Felidar Guardian combos and the like.
Vile Entomber was throw in there to help find the Gravecrawler, Narfi, or Death Tyrant.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2023, 09:13:52 pm »
New set has a new toy for Wilhelt. Invasion of Innistrad // Deluge of the Dead.
Instant speed -13/-13 Battle that flips into an enchantment that makes 2 2/2 zombies, and can pay 2B to exile stuff from people's graveyards to make more zombies.

I'm just not sure what to take out for it when it comes out. I'm thinking maybe Graf Harvest.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2023, 10:39:07 pm »

Revision 61

Added/removed cards:
-1 Ravenform
+1 Invasion of Amonkhet // Lazotep Convert

Going to see how much I hate milling myself, but on the other hand 4/4 Zombie copy of something from someone's graveyards is enough I want to try it for a bit.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2023, 10:55:16 am »

Revision 64

Added/removed cards:
-1 Heirloom Blade
-1 Invasion of Amonkhet // Lazotep Convert
-1 Liliana's Devotee
-1 Tomb Tyrant
+1 Body Count
+1 Phyrexian Altar
+1 Reprocess
+1 Unmarked Grave

Group's average deck strength has gone up over time, so I'm adding in stuff for Gravecrawler combos

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2024, 08:03:50 pm »

Revision 69

Added/removed cards:
-1 Illicit Shipment
-1 Vampiric Rites
+1 Geralf, the Fleshwright
+1 Gisa, the Hellraiser
+1 Undercity Sewers
+1 Watery Grave

Changed amounts:
-2 Snow-Covered Swamp

It has been a long time coming that Wilhelt gets some new toys, but the new cards for Gisa and Geralf just demand to be added in. And now we play the waiting game, both for the release so I can get these cards, and for Duskmourn in hopes of more.