deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Advice needed - Omnath, Locus of Mana  (Leído 2280 veces)

pendraggon87

• Decks
Advice needed - Omnath, Locus of Mana
« en: Septiembre 15, 2021, 05:55:06 am »
Updated with latest revision

Looking for some feedback on this Omnath, Locus of Mana deck.  I really wanted to make a mono-colored deck, and this guy seems like a fun tank to swing with, or at least enable a few other shenanigans.  I think I definitely have too much ramp, and not enough utility and creatures.  The Maybeboard has BALLOONED and would definitely appreciate some tips in thought process to cut, as well as recommendations. Thanks for the help!

Omnath, Locus of Mana

« Última modificación: Diciembre 20, 2021, 05:53:51 pm por pendraggon87 »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Advice needed - Omnath, Locus of Mana
« Respuesta #1 en: Septiembre 15, 2021, 10:48:25 am »
The one thing that jumped out at me is playing Primal Surge in a deck with 13 other non-permanents. Ideally you want that card in a deck with 5 or less non-permanents other wise you have a high chance of paying 10 mana for it and not hitting but 1 or 2 permanents.
This space for rent.

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Septiembre 18, 2021, 04:35:35 am »
That makes sense - I'm torn between adding more permanents vs the utility of the spells present.  Any thought on which way the deck makes sense to lean?

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Noviembre 01, 2021, 07:09:47 pm »

Revision 7

Changed amounts:
-1 Giant Adephage

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Noviembre 01, 2021, 07:11:02 pm »

Revision 8

Added/removed cards:
-1 Silvos, Rogue Elemental

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Noviembre 03, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »
Took the time to look at it and my questions became irrelevant. So you still need to cut 16 cards it looks like, here are a few I would personally cut:
Well of Discovery
Primal Surge
Darksteel Colossus
Bind
Loxodon Warhammer
Illusionist's Bracers
Nylea, God of the Hunt
Platinum Angel

As you said, you can probably limit some of your ramp. I personally would eliminate some of the higher CMC ones.

You also have somewhere around 8 tutor effects; I personally try to avoid tutors because it feels like they lead to the exact same game every time, and it seems that you have enough of the same type of wincon/effects that the tutors aren't necessary.
« Última modificación: Noviembre 03, 2021, 06:47:06 pm por Mynus »

fire5167

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Noviembre 03, 2021, 10:22:05 pm »
I agree with the cuts that Mynus recommends. In addition:
  • Personally, I don’t like Azusa, Lost but Seeking in EDH if you aren't also playing Crucible of Worlds + fetches because by the time you cast Azusa, you won’t have many (if any) lands left in your hand to play.
  • Taunting Elf seems straight up worse than Lure. The elf has summoning sickness so it can’t surprise your opponents like Lure. Lure is extra mana but that shouldn’t be an issue in this deck.
  • It could just be me, but I feel like craterhoof underperforms here. There is no token generation so it probably won’t ever provide more than a +4/+4 anthem.
  • Add more card draw (at least 8 cards, trust me). You have many options in green. Winding Way, Lead the Stampede, Guardian Project, The Great Henge, Toski (good with lure), Oakhame Adversary, Harmonize. Don’t play Well of Discovery. That thing does not deserve a place in a $1000+ dollar deck.
  • As far as ramp goes, you should probably cut like 4-5 cards. You need carpet of flowers, the best green ramp card of all time (I will debate you).
  • There is so little card draw that Allosaurus Rider will be a feelsbad every time you pay its alternate cost. So swap it out with Dungrove Elder

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Noviembre 07, 2021, 09:51:07 pm »
I agree with the cuts that Mynus recommends. In addition:
  • Personally, I don’t like Azusa, Lost but Seeking in EDH if you aren't also playing Crucible of Worlds + fetches because by the time you cast Azusa, you won’t have many (if any) lands left in your hand to play.
  • Taunting Elf seems straight up worse than Lure. The elf has summoning sickness so it can’t surprise your opponents like Lure. Lure is extra mana but that shouldn’t be an issue in this deck.
  • It could just be me, but I feel like craterhoof underperforms here. There is no token generation so it probably won’t ever provide more than a +4/+4 anthem.
  • Add more card draw (at least 8 cards, trust me). You have many options in green. Winding Way, Lead the Stampede, Guardian Project, The Great Henge, Toski (good with lure), Oakhame Adversary, Harmonize. Don’t play Well of Discovery. That thing does not deserve a place in a $1000+ dollar deck.
  • As far as ramp goes, you should probably cut like 4-5 cards. You need carpet of flowers, the best green ramp card of all time (I will debate you).
  • There is so little card draw that Allosaurus Rider will be a feelsbad every time you pay its alternate cost. So swap it out with Dungrove Elder

Carpet of flowers seems interesting, though I typically play 1v1 and sometimes with a third person, so worried depending on deck matchups there may be no islands.  But definitely seems interesting.

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Noviembre 07, 2021, 09:55:01 pm »
Almost done cutting.  Getting rid of doubling cube - hoping early harvest provides what I need - doubling cube needs a hefty amount of available mana to really work.

Revision 9

Added/removed cards:
-1 Allosaurus Rider
-1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
-1 Cavern of Souls
-1 Craterhoof Behemoth
-1 Darksteel Colossus
-1 Defense of the Heart
-1 Doubling Cube
-1 Illusionist's Bracers
-1 Platinum Angel
-1 Taunting Elf
-1 Well of Discovery
+1 Dungrove Elder
+1 Guardian Project
+1 Lure
+1 The Great Henge

Changed amounts:
-1 Forest

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Noviembre 08, 2021, 03:16:14 am »
Removing Primal Surge, though may try to find a way to keep it - it's saved my butt several times

Revision 10

Added/removed cards:
-1 Primal Surge

pendraggon87

• Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Noviembre 12, 2021, 04:12:46 pm »

Revision 11

Added/removed cards:
-1 Nylea, God of the Hunt

pendraggon87

• Decks