English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Cards that have fallen out of favour

<< < (2/2)

Morganator 2.0:
No one bringing up Solemn Simulacrum?

ApothecaryGeist:

We have literally had this conversation every week for the past month at my LGS Commander Night.  It often starts with "Remember when Gilded Lotus was good."

And then we discussed Krosan Grip.  Darksteel Ingot, and even Sensei's Divining Top.

--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on September 15, 2021, 05:07:54 pm ---No one bringing up Solemn Simulacrum?

--- End quote ---

This one came up too.  But we did conclude that it still has use in non-green, non-blue decks (so Mardu and subsets).  Especially those with recursion. 

TrueNeutralPaladin:

--- Quote from: ApothecaryGeist on September 15, 2021, 11:20:16 pm ---
We have literally had this conversation every week for the past month at my LGS Commander Night.  It often starts with "Remember when Gilded Lotus was good."

And then we discussed Krosan Grip.  Darksteel Ingot, and even Sensei's Divining Top.

--- End quote ---

I suppose SDT might be less useful for UBG, where you might slot straight draw effects instead, but low-cost card selection is nice for mono-W, mono-R, and Boros. Gets you land when you need it, spells when you don't, enhances "exile, play" effects (and Verge Rangers).

I've seen posts about people hating it for "taking too long", but I don't think it seems any more egregious than the green player ramping and shuffling, or players cracking fetches and shuffling, etc. It doesn't take long to spin once you're accustomed to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version