deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Deckbuilding help, please  (Read 658 times)

Drawdeth

• Decks
[Modern] Deckbuilding help, please
« on: September 16, 2021, 12:41:15 am »
Azorius living walls

Hi everyone. I’m new here. I’m really starting with the game and not sure what’s wrong with my approach to deckbuilding (besides being completely oblivious of the games current meta, I must admit).

I mean I’ve tested it a few times against other competitive modern decks, enhanced it, and still couldn’t even get past the door. Many times I could’nt even get started with synergies between High Alert and medium to low cost defender guys with high toughness like Charix and specially Wall of denial. In theory it should work.

But no. Too slow. Not to mention the idea of getting my creatures to be unstoppable/untouchable with protection enablers like Faiths shield, order of the stars and ultimately Collectice effort in case having big hiters wasn’t enogh… it never happened.

Any advice/fix or should I quit this path of nonsensical stubborness?

Thanks a lot.

Drawdeth

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Deckbuilding help, please
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 12:49:18 am »
Just edited the deck. It was concerted effort the enchantments not collective effort the sorcery… sorry.

MMerryweather

• Clip clop galoplop, I'm a talking horse
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 02:17:33 am »
Nice dude! Love to see Order of the Stars see play!

I have a deck like this too, check it out: https://deckstats.net/decks/130977/1683803-high-but-alert
The Cloud People know who you are and where you live. Cease your investigations.

Korlich

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 10:08:19 am »
The current meta is quite fast. Cards like Prismatic Ending, Path to exile and Chalice might help you slow down the tempo.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:11:03 am by Korlich »

Drawdeth

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 11:26:11 am »
Thank you guys. Plenty of good fix ideas there, from both.

I’m now reconsidering the whole unblockable thing and looking for low cost removal solutions to start the match with…

Maybe I should get rid of order of stars as it does nothing without concerted effort (even though it seemed a strong finnisher condition for my other walls)… and maybe some of my most expensive counters and biggest creatures, too.

I’m my noob head it’s hard to see the bigger picture and give in to less obvious and more sustainable, flexible and efficient strategies to do the exact same thing, but faster and better: charix can hit for 17 paired with high alert… i mean it’s kind of hard not to fall for that haha

Drawdeth

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 12:22:35 pm »
By the way, what are your thoughts on ‘Portable hole’ and ‘Trailblazer boots’? The latter may serve as good as the most convoluted protection enabling strategy in a meta flooded with fetch, and dual lands…