deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: General Tazri Primer  (Read 1400 times)

Greyluck

• Decks

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: General Tazri Primer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 01:14:56 am »
You'll want to add "#show_description" to the end of the deck's URL. That way the primer will show up in this forum post.

I'm sending you a private message which corrects all of the spelling and grammar mistakes in this primer. Besides that, I do have some other questions and comments about your primer.

Is an excellent deck to play in casual tables and can paired against competitive decks without problems.

I don't think that this deck is cut out to go against competitive decks. What ways does it have to deal with early game combos like Thassa's Oracle + Demonic Consultation? Or decks that use Ad Nauseam, storm decks, Underworld Breach combos, and heavy control packages?

In the "Being prepared" section you go over ways to protect your creatures and boardstate, and at the end you say that Bring to Light can be used to find any response. Except that Bring to Light is sorcery-speed and therefore can't be used in response to anything. Is this a mistake or is there something I'm missing?

In your "Playing against other decks" section you say that you should go aggro against combo decks, as you'll be able to take them out before they finish their setup. This applies for slower, janky combo decks, but what do you do against fast combo decks? Or is this deck not able to deal with fast combo decks?

You mention Cultivate and Kodama's Reach in your single card discussion but you're currently not using neither of them. Why is that?

In the single card discussion for Herald's Horn and Urza's Incubator you mention something called the "Munda, Ambush Leader & Realmwalker team tactic", but you don't bring this up in the body of the primer. Could you describe what this is? I'd imagine it would be using Munda to put allies on top and then having Realmwalker play them, but then this is contrary to what you said about Munda in the single card discussion section.

And finally, could you go over some of the notable exclusions from your decklist? In particular, I was wondering why you weren't using any of these cards.

Agadeem Occultist
Reflections of Littjara
Retreat to Emeria
Semester's End
Teleportation Circle