deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mishra edh  (Read 783 times)

acedabeast

• Decks
Mishra edh
« on: October 24, 2021, 09:24:02 pm »
What would yall recommend for a Mishra, artificer prodigy?
I am thinking about building a chaos deck for him

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Mishra edh
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 09:56:12 pm »
I did that once before. No one really liked that very much, because I could do the chaos part no problem, but then I struggled with finding a way to win after that. Now I've switched over to a storm build starring Possibility Storm. The chaos pieces I did use were Endless Whispers, Gate to the Aether, Ice Cave, Planar Chaos, Possibility Storm, Psychic Battle, Teferi's Puzzle Box, and Timesifter (really do not recommend this one).

acedabeast

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:40:59 pm »
Hmmm that is actually quite interesting, I was thinking maybe running a mycosynth lattice and karn, the great creator with darksteel forge and larry's disk... as win cons I was thinking maybe triskelion combo or something like Feldon of the third path and cards like phyrexian triniform, wurmcoil engine, scuttling doom engine, and or triplicate titan

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 06:34:29 pm »
So just curious, since I seem to be missing something, but why would this commander be useful in a singleton format? Or are you just wanting the constant shuffles?

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 07:53:21 pm »
So just curious, since I seem to be missing something, but why would this commander be useful in a singleton format? Or are you just wanting the constant shuffles?

Mishra is a really counterintuitive commander, but he's a way to abuse the stack with chaos cards. Basically, you deny people getting exactly what they want, and he bypasses the chaos to get you exactly what you want.

acedabeast

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 09:16:05 pm »

Mishra is a really counterintuitive commander, but he's a way to abuse the stack with chaos cards. Basically, you deny people getting exactly what they want, and he bypasses the chaos to get you exactly what you want.

Exactly! I want something that breaks parity like my Oswald Fiddlebender deck

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 09:55:08 pm »
So your build is likely going to be different than mine, but for my main win condition I use Aetherflux Reservoir. I did build Mishra as a storm deck, so that naturally wins games. Besides just casting a bunch of spells off of Possibility Storm, I can also build into it using Bolas's Citadel and Sensei's Divining Top, or Top + Mystic Forge + cost reducer. The end result is the same; cast a bunch of spells with Aetherflux out, get to 151 life, nuke the board.

As a backup win I use Thopter Assembly + Time Sieve, but I've been wanting to replace this one as it uses too many dead cards. I also experimented with Cranial Plating, but it wasn't that effective.

If you want to know more, I've written a primer on this deck, although it's not a chaos build like you wanted.

acedabeast

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 10:13:37 pm »
So your build is likely going to be different than mine, but for my main win condition I use Aetherflux Reservoir. I did build Mishra as a storm deck, so that naturally wins games. Besides just casting a bunch of spells off of Possibility Storm, I can also build into it using Bolas's Citadel and Sensei's Divining Top, or Top + Mystic Forge + cost reducer. The end result is the same; cast a bunch of spells with Aetherflux out, get to 151 life, nuke the board.

As a backup win I use Thopter Assembly + Time Sieve, but I've been wanting to replace this one as it uses too many dead cards. I also experimented with Cranial Plating, but it wasn't that effective.

If you want to know more, I've written a primer on this deck, although it's not a chaos build like you wanted.

Surprisingly I have already read your primer, and you gave me some thoughts about what I should run... I personally like a "Chaos" build since it mostly hurts everyone but me, which I like and enjoy (I love watching people struggle). I have the deck on moxfield if you wanna check it out. My plan for the deck is to be a artifact hurt deck utilizing Feldon of the third path and cards that hurt my opponets when artifacts leave/etb. I also have a board lock set up with Karn and mycosynth lattice

Disciple of the Vault