English-language Forums > General Magic

MDFC side preference

<< < (2/2)

Bonethousand:
I love Mila, Crafty Companion // Lukka, Wayward Bonder. Mila really is incredible in a Boros deck that's not running a lot of hexproof. And when she's a late draw and I get to cast Lukka, woah buddy. Card advantage, recursion, and a potential Terror of the Peaks in one (admittedly slow and janky) card? I'll take it.

WWolfe:
Necro'ing this because it's relevant to the conversation I was thinking about...

Do you find yourself using these now? More or less than you did? What about the Pathways?

I'm still really only using the one (Agadeem's Awakening // Agadeem, the Undercrypt), but I'm more and more interested in the Pathways (guess I'm late to the party). I think they're a good fit in some of my decks. Anyone else?

Landale:
Honestly, I dislike the double sided cards entirely since they're a hassle to keep flipping as needed. Adventures, Kamigawa flips, split cards, all of those are much more user friendly than double sided stuff. I use double sided stuff about as much as I always have, which is to say as little as possible.
That said, I do end up using a few of them just because they're powerful enough to be needed even with the frustration of their use or I never end up needing to flip them. I have two different copies of Ayara, Widow of the Realm sleeved up for her deck, one for each side, a couple different pathways that almost never get flipped and even if they do I don't generally need to reflip them when they do, Flamescroll Celebrant for Winota, Poppet Stitcher for Wilhelt combos, and a few good battles like Invasion of Karsus in Neera, Wild Mage for example giving me a Guttersnipe without it being a creature while in the deck to avoid interfering with polymorphing tokens into Displacer Kitten.

stuffnsuch:
It really depends on the card.  For instance, I almost always play Echoing Equation and never Augmenter Pugilist; I play Valentin, Dean of the Vein when I need more life gain triggers and Lisette, Dean of the Root when I need more life gain pay offs; and I almost always end up casting both sides of Jadzi, Oracle of Arcavios // Journey to the Oracle, since I draw soooo many cards in my Kalamax, the Stormsire Deck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version