deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Visual Deckbuilder  (Read 3636 times)

Nils

• Decks
New: Visual Deckbuilder
« on: October 05, 2021, 07:51:20 pm »
I am excited to announce that we finally have a feature that many of you have been requesting for a long time: A visual deckbuilder!

All of the functionality you know and love from our deckbuilder is still there, but you can now switch to a new view where all cards are shown as images.

Common actions (add card to deck, increase amount etc) are available as buttons directly on the card images, and clicking or tapping on the image will open a window with all the usual options. As part of this update I have also made various related UI improvements, such as a new 'Sort' menu on top of each card table and some reliability and speed improvements for the deckbuilder.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

Thank you to the folks on our Discord who helped me beta test these changes, and a special shout out to our Patreon subscribers for their continued support! As usual, if you notice any bugs or have further suggestions please post here, message me in #site-feedback on our Discord or Tweet to @deckstats on Twitter.

PS: Dark mode is next up!

pizzacat

• Decks
Re: New: Visual Deckbuilder
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 03:02:14 am »
This may be an issue specifically on my phone but in the starting hand feature cards are significantly bigger than they were before and it makes playtesting much harder. Any way a scaling option could be implemented to make it so cards show up smaller with more fitting on the screen?

Capt Forest

• Patron
  • #1 Ranked in Showcase league
    • Facebook
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 03:11:39 pm »
 Great thank you! Deck stats is a great tool
If you see this and live in the CFL area reach out.

chillwolf

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 03:17:46 pm »
How do you trigger this option on / off? It is useful for certain things and I think its a great add, but there are some situations where just the text version would be good too.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 04:25:59 pm »
How do you trigger this option on / off? It is useful for certain things and I think its a great add, but there are some situations where just the text version would be good too.

When you're in the deckbuilder, go to the card database tab. Open it, and there will be a pull-down tab that is currently set to "images". You can change the size of the images, or set it to "table", which is the old version. There is an identical pull-down tab for the decklist itself.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:23:10 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 07:22:51 pm »
This may be an issue specifically on my phone but in the starting hand feature cards are significantly bigger than they were before and it makes playtesting much harder. Any way a scaling option could be implemented to make it so cards show up smaller with more fitting on the screen?
I have now added a button at the bottom that lets you select the image size!

Obyzam

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 11:19:56 am »
Hello! I realy like this new change, but as my vision is not the best, even on desktop I can't quite read the text on each card (lack of contrast and the text is too small). If I put the cards larger it's better but I feel you loose that "overall view" on your deck. If there was still the tooltip with the the name and the text of the card even in the "picture mode" I think it would help some people!

Anyway, thanks for all the work you put in this website, it's really an amazing tool!

Anvari

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 02:49:11 pm »
Hey Nils,

is the option for adding decks to your collection gone with this update? I cant seem to find it anymore and its kind of an issue if i buy a new deck and want to quickly add this to my collection

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 05:13:27 pm »
Congratulations on the administrator and developer team. Thankfully another new addition to the best deck-building website around.
Regards:
Chavo

Green Magic

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 10:57:57 am »
I noticed an unwanted change the last few days that perhaps I can turn off - or its a bug...When I add something to the private notes, it bumps my decks up to 'updated 1 min ago' when it didn't use to do that. That's annoying to me because I'm not updating it. It's not creating a revision, so I don't know why it'd bump like that. Same with opening the editor - as soon as it's opened the deck goes to the top of the list even if I close out of it without saving or without making any changes. No new revision number is created, but it's bumped to the top of the list (I sort by last updated obviously). If this is only affecting 'my decks' then it'd be a nuisance, but if it affects decks for the purposes of browsing the most recent decks then it'll clog the top of the list with decks that're just given frequent notes.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 10:16:34 pm »
Thank you for your feedback everyone! I will be going through your suggestions over the next few days.

@ Green Magic: Thank you for catching that, that was an unintentional consequence of a change I made to how decks are updated. I have rolled this back for now.

@ Anvari: Do you mean the dialog you get when you go to Tools -> Add cards to collection? That should still be available.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 10:18:06 pm by Nils »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2021, 11:44:15 pm »
I have just made another two small UI updates to the deckbuilder:
  • The "delete card" button has been replaced by a minus button that will only decrease the amount by one. As with the plus button you can press shift to decrease the amount by 4. If you want to delete all copies in one go, you can also click on the pencil and then on Remove.
  • When adding cards by name, you can now just write text like '4x Card Name' instead of entering the amount and name into separate fields.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:19:07 am by Nils »

OriginalGuan

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 07:27:45 am »
I honestly miss the trash icon, had to take a minute to figure out how to delete the cards, but it's a cute feature

parc

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2021, 01:06:14 am »
heh, i was literally about to complain about some stuff that broke, and i just refreshed and its all good now. so thanks for that.

i do have a related request/suggestion, which would be the ability to minimize the deck widow so i can 'full screen' the card database. (like how it works the other way)
i find that the images are only readable (and thus useful) at the largest, and maybe mid range sizes on my normal sized screen, so i can only really see 4 cards at once which makes finding something more tedious than keeping table mode and hovering my mouse over most things