deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Tovolar Werewolves  (Read 703 times)

Mister.Ri

• Decks
Tovolar Werewolves
« on: October 18, 2021, 03:03:36 pm »

BlackSusanoo

• Decks
Re: Tovolar Werewolves
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 07:08:06 pm »
Decent looking list, but you are running some really sub-par werwolves. If it's for flavour purposes fair enough, but there are some wolves which would probably do a better job, and still let you be budget friendly.

Deranged Whelp -> Hinterland Hermit : the whelp having menace means that if played on turn 2, it's pretty much guaranteed to hit someone for a card if you play Tovolar on turn 3, and the Hermit's ability when flipped isn't that great if you actually want to draw a card.

Pyreheart Wolf -> Spellrune Painter : the pyreheart's ability is super useful, as it makes your puppies harder to block, therefore netting you more damage and cards, and the undying means you have a body left behind to draw more cards after a boardwipe.

Wolfir Avenger or Silverfur Partisan -> Hinterland Logger : the Trample on the flipped Logger is nice, but otherwise it's pretty mediocre. These two offer more resilience or protection for cheap.

Berserkers' Onslaught -> Zendikar Resurgent : Zendikar Resurgent is a pretty cool card, but you don't have enough ramp to get it out early enough, and since most of your creatures are cheap, you'll be far better off playing them and protecting them. Tovolar is your main source of card draw, and the Onslaught will net you more cards and more damage.

Afflicted Deserter -> Kessig Forgemaster : The deserter is more expensive, but his flip ability is pretty decent and offers more utility.

Also, try to fit Reliquary Tower. If you get enough wolves out early with Tovolar, being able to keep your extra cards is dope.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 09:49:07 pm by BlackSusanoo »

Mister.Ri

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 09:49:41 am »
@BlackSusanoo thanks for the comments! will try these out surely

BlackSusanoo

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:52:49 pm »
Glad I could help ^^
I built Tovolar myself and played him quite a lot since the set came out, so I had some thoughts to share.