deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Crimson Vow expectations, wants and wishes  (Read 806 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Crimson Vow expectations, wants and wishes
« on: October 24, 2021, 01:38:03 pm »
So what are we expecting, wanting, and wishing for in Crimson Vow?

For me I'm expecting a new Sorin and Olivia, hoping for some more zombie lovings, and wishing for a zombified Snapcaster Mage (ok, maybe a zombified Archaeomancer is more reasonable). I do expect some more werewolf support for that tribe.

The names of the two commander decks are Spirit Squadron and Vampiric Bloodline. With one of them clearly being vampire themed, could we see a return of Edgar?
This space for rent.

KingKia

• Decks
Re: Crimson Vow expectations, wants and wishes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 02:24:59 pm »
Hi,
I build a new tovolar deck so I hope there will be some good werwolves in this set too. I mean we got some vampires in midnight hunt so why not some wolfies in crimson vow.

The invitation letter was with an M and a V so maybe Markov and Voldaren? Not sure about that wedding thing but maybe Edgar and Olivia? I saw the theme booster pack and there was a white haired guy on it who looks like edgar.

I would like to see Runo Stromkirk as the last Vampire Lord from Innistrad, we already have Anje, Olivia and Edgar so now is the best time to add Runo.

And yeah some nice vampires for my Markov deck would be nice.

I also expect a Sorin and Olivia. Maybe another Teferi? because why not we don't have enough teferis :-D

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:06:38 pm »
I hope they'll finish the "slow lands" cycle (Overgrown Farmland etc.), since I'd really a Golgari one!
Golgari is life. And death.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 04:28:26 pm »
More Vampires definitely. Probably a new Red-Black lord in the vein of Stromkirk Captain and Vampire Socialite. Why not Rakish Heir/Cordial Vampire blend, that are drawn by the same artist Winona Nelson? Kidding, but why not. More Vampires for sure, but also the Werewolves deserve additions. The surprising generally exotic White and Blue Werewolves like Brutal Cathar // Moonrage Brute and Suspicious Stowaway // Seafaring Werewolf also could be expanded, which is the same for Blacks as Baneblade Scoundrel // Baneclaw Marauder, Shady Traveler // Stalking Predator and Graveyard Trespasser // Graveyard Glutton. Probably the Whites and Blues more as there are only 1 of a kind and the Blacks are 3 to a lesser extent.
Regards:
Chavo

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 07:33:32 am »
I hope there will be good legends (and other cards) for mono white commander decks. Mark Rosewater said that Odric and Thalia are going to be in the set (https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/odds-ends-innistrad-midnight-hunt-part-1-2021-09-27), so I hope they are nice! And some good angels too. And although I really like tribal decks, I never have build a werewolf or vampire deck (i tend to build more Blue, White and Green decks), so I think so general buffs for tribal decks and +1/+1 counter strategies would be fine, like they did with the coven mechanic.