deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Use Grave-Hate People  (Lu 2977 fois)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Use Grave-Hate People
« Réponse #15 le: Novembre 19, 2021, 07:32:44 pm »
I’m not a big fan of graveyard hate but then again I run a lot of graveyard decks so I’m a little biased.
This space for rent.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Réponse #16 le: Novembre 21, 2021, 12:29:53 am »
I don't like to plan for contingencies. I just want to play splashy stuff.

This is me. In my brews, I often find it hard to cut slots down for draw and ramp with all the synergistic cards that I find, let alone grave hate. Plus, I hate the feeling when I'm playing a graveyard deck and someone Bogs me. So why would I want to give the Muldrotha player that same feeling?

I think this is why I win so sparsely. I throw out cool stuff, do some shenanigans, but lack interaction. So my opponent removes the card that my plan hinges on, or wipes my board with a Blasphemous Act, and I didn't have a Counterspell to stop them. I've started running counterspells like Rebuff the Wicked and Negate for purely defensive purposes, but I haven't started sacrificing slots for grave hate yet. Perhaps in the future?

DomMazz

• Decks
« Réponse #17 le: Novembre 23, 2021, 09:38:22 pm »
I have been seeing the same thing in my play group as well. However, you run into the issue that you may include these cards and it be seen as targeting a specific person in you group who may play this strat. A safe bet is to use grave-hate lands because they will be useful outside of just sayng someone can't target graveyard or exile a graveyard and will be seen less as targeting and just utility.

Varatius

• Decks
« Réponse #18 le: Novembre 24, 2021, 05:26:31 pm »
The way I see it every color has ways to mess with the graveyard so why not include a piece that can stop that. I really like that new 3 CMC rock from crimson vow best case scenario you have grave hate best case you never have to use it and you overpaid for one mana rock.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Réponse #19 le: Novembre 25, 2021, 11:43:48 am »
I really like that new 3 CMC rock from crimson vow best case scenario you have grave hate best case you never have to use it and you overpaid for one mana rock.

Honored Heirloom.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Réponse #20 le: Novembre 25, 2021, 12:34:58 pm »
If you are playing black, I would strongly suggest trying Dauthi Voidwalker.

This card accidentally hoses graveyard strategies, but you can play it simply for the value that it will naturally provide during a game. Most of the time, you'll just randomly get a free thing, and sometimes it will be a huge haymaker.
Golgari is life. And death.

Landale

• Decks
« Réponse #21 le: Novembre 25, 2021, 09:29:40 pm »

This card accidentally hoses graveyard strategies, but you can play it simply for the value that it will naturally provide during a game. Most of the time, you'll just randomly get a free thing, and sometimes it will be a huge haymaker.
Draugr Necromancer and Gisa, Glorious Resurrector work pretty well for that too. Not quite as oppressive as the Voidwalker due to not completely locking down the graveyard, but then that also means they're not quite so likely to draw attention.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Réponse #22 le: Novembre 25, 2021, 09:44:04 pm »

Draugr Necromancer and Gisa, Glorious Resurrector work pretty well for that too. Not quite as oppressive as the Voidwalker due to not completely locking down the graveyard, but then that also means they're not quite so likely to draw attention.

Yeah, it's true that the Voidwalker can get you targeted sometimes!
Golgari is life. And death.

fluffyp

• Decks
« Réponse #23 le: Novembre 26, 2021, 04:10:43 pm »
I almost never run graveyard hate, as my playgroup never used to run much in the way of recursion/reanimator tactics.  That is changing slowly, however, and I think we will all start putting a few pieces of hate in the decks we build from now on.  As we've got better at cards (we're all pretty bad, haha), we are learning how to interact more and that has changed things, as it will always do, I imagine.  At the moment, our focus seems to be on running more exile effects as one of our group has started playing indestructible things ... non-stop.  I personally hope they will be slow on picking up on graveyard hate, however, as I'm the one in the group that plays the most out of my graveyard :)

anjinsan

• Decks
« Réponse #24 le: Novembre 28, 2021, 12:52:48 am »
I found a list somewhere of incidental graveyard hate. I don't think that this one is the one I'm thinking of, but does also emphasise that.

Callous Bloodmage is probably my go-to. Soul-Guide Lantern is pretty low-cost too, but I prefer it (and Nihil Spellbomb) in places where I can recur it (Salvaging Station usually, or Lurrus, etc). Shred Memory also ought to fit in a lot of places. 3-mana transmute kind of wants a good range of targets and is never amazing but often plenty viable. Cling to Dust is pretty solid too (kinda like a Cremate that can turn into actual card advantage - though creatures are usually the things you'll want to hit, admittedly).

I'm not so keen on the symmetric stuff; I rarely face a deck with no graveyard recursion, but I also rarely play one. Sure, it's like a board wipe, you use it when it's less bad for you - but being that it's also a lot more niche, it's a tougher sell.

I did actually build a deck who's whole idea was graveyard hate, just for kicks. You can weaponise that with cards like Web of Inertia and Mist of Stagnation. Kinda turned into a stax deck, though...