deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Arixmethes, Counting the days  (Read 1011 times)

keagster

• Decks
Arixmethes, Counting the days
« on: November 23, 2021, 07:10:01 am »
Arixmethes, Counting the days
very unoptimized probably, any suggestions?

keagster

• Decks
Re: Arixmethes, Counting the days
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 07:30:46 am »

keagster

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 08:41:17 am »
Current issues: inconsistent draws at best
need to replace cards like arbor elf (elvish mystic probably in that case) as well as body of knowledge currently.
So far this seems like a combo deck with the option of going beatdown with my commander, so I should replace cards that aren't comboing with searches or other combos and draw.
beatdown: overwhelming stampede currently, probably ghalta primal hunger
for draw: rishkar's expertise, return of the wildspeaker,
for combos: an extra turn spell that doesn't exile itself (goes infinite with progenitor mimic + eternal witness), mana doublers (goes infinite with peregrine drake + mercurial pretender) ashnod's altar + metallic mimic (goes infinite with animation module + durable handicraft but does nothing (with metallic mimic replacing durable handicraft infinite mana), essentially just acts as infinite counters put on which currently does nothing, infinite tokens are generated which makes primal vigor create infinite 3/3's, infinite creature etbs which makes altar of the brood mill infinitely, infinite creatures with counters sacrificed which death's presence goes infinite with, infinite artifact etbs/deaths, both of which currently do nothing. just a generally usable combo tool though.) lab maniac would also be a good idea (just general alt wincon) will likely add archaeomancer as it's the same thing as the first combo.
for searches: I think ring of three wishes is an option, chord of calling would also be a good idea...not sure what else blue/green has for cheapish searches so...

list of currently known combos:
eternal witness + rite of replication + omniscience (infinitely copying eternal witness to return rite of replication to your hand. if you add altar of the brood it becomes a wincon, otherwise it wins next turn assuming no boardwipe)
peregrine drake + mercurial pretender + (lotus field + thespian's stage copying lotus field + arixmethes as a land + 2 other lands OR omniscience + 5 lands that tap for at minimum 2 blue) (infinite mana, infinite creature etbs, can lead to other stuff as well (for instance infinite returns with eternal witness, so I could sacrifice a land like blighted woodland or cataract as many times as I wanted to to fetch every basic lands or draw infinite cards or whatever same thing with altar of the brood in the previous combo you can go without arixmethes in the first option and just get infinite creature etbs)
biovisionary + rite of replication (instant win)
cloud of fae + mercurial pretender + lotus field + omniscience (same as previous combo, no infinite mana unless you also have a 2 mana or more land outside of lotus field as well (thespian's stage or arixmethes))
I am sure there are others that I can't think of for now, there probably aren't many though and for the most part it's just plays off of those for now. I don't think I should currently play to find these combos but I do have fun doing them so I will probably try to build the deck more in that direction and removing the +1/+1 counter aspect currently there.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 06:48:19 am »
This deck has a lot of cool ideas, but it is a little bit all over the place. I think you can optimize it pretty quickly with a few changes and make it very strong.

For the combo plan - Arixmethes goes infinite with both Freed from the Real and Pemmin's Aura (infinite green mana) and a 1 card combo is a lot more efficient than the 3 card combo Animation Module. I also think that Deadeye Navigator is a great option for your Cloud of Faeries and Peregrine Drake infinite mana combo. I also think you need a way to win once you generate infinite mana. You can solve two problems at once by including X draw spells like Stroke of Genius and Pull from Tomorrow. Adding Thassa's Oracle or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries can give you an instant win after drawing your whole deck. Another good infinite mana combo for your deck is Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy and Basalt Monolith. Both cards are good in your deck anyway because you have a ton of permanent based ramp for Kinnan and it is an infinite mana sink. Basalt Monolith is just good ramp that sometimes goes infinite.

For the non-combo plan: I think your instinct to cut out the +1/+1 counters theme is a good one. It doesn't really fit with what the rest of your deck is trying to do which is ramp and play big threats. If you really want to keep it, or even if you don't, Hydroid Krasis and Prime Speaker Zegana are really good card for your deck as a threats and card draw. Your commander gets you straight from 4 mana to 6 or 7 the next turn, so I think your threats should be around that mana. Nyxbloom Ancient seems great for combining your mana doubling theme and your big mana theme. Just put in your favorite big creatures and have a blast.

Overall - I think you have a really fun deck on your hands, and you can optimize it with just a few changes. This is just a suggestion, and there really are a million different ways to go with Arixmethes so do whatever you think is the most fun. My last piece of advice would be to cut out a bunch of the tapped lands like Simic Guildgate. You are a two color deck, so you shouldn't have a ton of trouble getting your colors especially with all of your ramp. Basics will make you a turn faster.

Have fun brewing up this deck. Best of luck.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 07:07:40 am »
Zendikar Resurgent. That is all I will say.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

keagster

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 07:56:04 am »
This deck has a lot of cool ideas, but it is a little bit all over the place. I think you can optimize it pretty quickly with a few changes and make it very strong.

For the combo plan - Arixmethes goes infinite with both Freed from the Real and Pemmin's Aura (infinite green mana) and a 1 card combo is a lot more efficient than the 3 card combo Animation Module. I also think that Deadeye Navigator is a great option for your Cloud of Faeries and Peregrine Drake infinite mana combo. I also think you need a way to win once you generate infinite mana. You can solve two problems at once by including X draw spells like Stroke of Genius and Pull from Tomorrow. Adding Thassa's Oracle or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries can give you an instant win after drawing your whole deck. Another good infinite mana combo for your deck is Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy and Basalt Monolith. Both cards are good in your deck anyway because you have a ton of permanent based ramp for Kinnan and it is an infinite mana sink. Basalt Monolith is just good ramp that sometimes goes infinite.

For the non-combo plan: I think your instinct to cut out the +1/+1 counters theme is a good one. It doesn't really fit with what the rest of your deck is trying to do which is ramp and play big threats. If you really want to keep it, or even if you don't, Hydroid Krasis and Prime Speaker Zegana are really good card for your deck as a threats and card draw. Your commander gets you straight from 4 mana to 6 or 7 the next turn, so I think your threats should be around that mana. Nyxbloom Ancient seems great for combining your mana doubling theme and your big mana theme. Just put in your favorite big creatures and have a blast.

Overall - I think you have a really fun deck on your hands, and you can optimize it with just a few changes. This is just a suggestion, and there really are a million different ways to go with Arixmethes so do whatever you think is the most fun. My last piece of advice would be to cut out a bunch of the tapped lands like Simic Guildgate. You are a two color deck, so you shouldn't have a ton of trouble getting your colors especially with all of your ramp. Basics will make you a turn faster.

Have fun brewing up this deck. Best of luck.
for the most part I'm just playing paper, so that's why all those tap lands are in there, just don't have the better stuff lmao (dislike blue so generally trade off my blue lands) will probably replace simic guildgate and woodland stream and maybe the 2 cycle lands that I left in with those if I find some of the cheap ones (especially cheap duals cuz wood elves is funny)

I'll have to look and see if I have a freed from the real cuz that's probably gonna go in.

I only have 1 nyxbloom and it's significantly better in my elf deck and I can not justify spending 20 dollars on individual cards personally. Same thing with deadeye (altho I might trade for it, so if I do that I'd do it) and the zendikar resurgent and pemmin's recommended by cosmic

I do have a vernal bloom somewhere around here but I can't find it for some reason (very funny card lmao) that also works to go infinite so

I was actually looking for some draw x cards and I couldn't find them, the only one I had was finale of the infinite, if I find some I'll try to nab them though

why is kinnan only 7 bucks wtf? that's a 2 mana mana doubler smh might try to find that

ALSO some things I am wanting to add is soul of the harvest (only have 1 and it's better in elf) primordial sage (I might have another of these lying around and if I do...it's going in) and the 3 drop one from ixalan (I'd need 2 cuz it'd first go in the elf deck)

also yeah, I don't have an ashnod's altar either so animation module isn't even really comboing at all, it's more just something for me to put mana into with durable handicraft currently

I REFUSE to put in any of those super common wincons in the form of lab maniac, thassa's oracle, and the jace as....it's honestly just boring, biovisionary + rite of replication is also boring but at least that's not really the only way I will do it with biovisionary (progenitor maniac) so....it's borderline rn

most of the combos currently are bullshit as well, honestly not trying to make this deck super good as...good combo decks aren't fun to play against generally, freed from the real is borderline for me currently as it's only infinite green mana which is significantly less useful, and basalt monolith is the same deal with colorless.

prime speaker is another one that is probably gonna go in, it's still good without the combos so (pretty much just the same as rishkar's expertise or ...

ALSO if I do find another helm of the host and a timestream navigator let's just say people are gonna have a funny combo I've never seen before at least (infinite turns)

keagster

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 07:51:03 am »
currently known combos:
rings of brighthearth + kiora's follower + vizier of tumbling sands + a land that taps for 3 ( lotus field , thespian's stage copying lotus field, ( simic growth chamber or arixmethes, slumbering isle ) + ( caged sun or dictate of karametra ), any land + caged sun + dictate of karametra ): infinite mana, infinite untaps ( wake thrasher )
peregrine drake + mercurial pretender + 10 mana in 5 lands ( caged sun , dictate of karametra , lotus field + thespian's stage copying lotus field + ( arixmethes, slumbering isle or simic growth chamber ): infinite mana, infinite creature etbs ( altar of the brood , durable handicraft, any creature with an etb ability I can do infinitely as well), infinite untaps, ( wake thrasher ), infinite creature casts ( lifecrafter's bestiary )
peregrine drake + omniscience + mercurial pretender: same as the previous combo, just doesn't need the mana in lands as you get 5 mana out of it and use 4 to return
eternal witness + omniscience + rite of replication : infinite creature etbs (same as before except no copying etb abilities from others) infinite non-creature casts ( currently don't think anything takes advantage of this ) infinite tokens ( primal vigor , altho really irrelevant, just gives me 2xinfinite, altho altar of the brood goes faster ig)
biovisionary + rite of replication : instant win
cloud of the fae + mercurial pretender + omniscience + 5 mana in 2 lands ( lotus field + ( dictate of karametra and normal land, caged sun and normal land, arixmethes, slumbering isle , simic growth chamber, dictate of karametra + caged sun , thespian's stage copying lotus field or one of the other lands listed): same as peregrine mercurial omniscience but less guaranteed if I get all 3 in hand as I need more

likely to add: freed from the real (if I can find one), kinnan, bonder prodigy (if my lgs has one or I can trade for one), basalt monolith (lgs probably has), 2-3 draw x spells,  (something to use mana for), genesis wave (same thing), lightning graves (currently only have 1 and it's in my elf deck) if I can find one for cheap enough an extra turn spell that does not exile itself ( progenitor mimic + eternal witness for infinite turns ) probably will be walk the aeons , and archaeomancer