deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: OG Kozilek Infinite Kaladesh Modules Combo  (Read 517 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
OG Kozilek Infinite Kaladesh Modules Combo
« on: November 27, 2021, 06:11:11 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/2333577-assemble-the-modules-kozilek-b/en#show_description

So what's going on here?

I'm attempting to go infinite with Animation Module, Decoction Module and Fabrication Module + Ashnod's Altar / Krark-Clan Ironworks. And no other combos. Rundown of how to combo works is in the description.

It's the first draft and I'm worried that the deck won't survive long enough to assemble the combo due to limited number of tutors and draw sources. Asking for help with adding something that can deal with the first 10 turns during which I won't be doing much.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:54:42 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: OG Kozilek Infinite Kaladesh Modules Combo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 06:39:33 pm »
This looks a lot like my Myr combo deck (albeit with different everything, but same idea of infinite mana Rube Goldberg using artifacts). Considering that, are you sure you want it in mono brown? If so, then running Kozilek, the Great Distortion for the control aspect might make your early game easier, though you'd have to find another draw outlet later on. If you're not sold on mono brown, then you can run the exact same combo in Thrasios/Silas to get recursion and a draw engine.

Even running Alela can be a big help in my experience, as you can use the faeries as chump blockers or grind them up with an altar for mana.

Again though, if you're going for all artifacts, I'm not sure how much better this could get. I made a Kozilek eldrazi tribal a while ago, and it was terrifying once it got going, but it always took 5-6 turns to really do anything. If you're open to colors, even something like Memnarch can be run with very few colored spells/lands.

EDIT: In my experience, Sensei's Divining Top and Mystic Forge are invaluable for filtering, but I'm not sure if you count those as more combos, especially if you decide to run Clock of Omens (also amazing) and other untap options. You could run Karn, Silver Golem and use Voltaic Construct for untapping.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:44:12 pm by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 06:43:22 pm »
I feel like I want to keep this mono brown. Part of the jank appeal to me. Thanks for the suggestions, though!

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 06:52:08 pm »
In that case, Metalworker should definitely go in (assuming unlimited budget? You have a Mox Diamond in here, so I'm going to recommend cards regardless of price).

Inventors' Fair is also a great artifact tutor. Buried Ruin is good recursion, too.

Obligatory Trading Post push.

I think that's about all I've got for mono brown.

Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 06:54:00 pm »
Trading Post actually goes infinite with the current setup. Metalworker should be safe. Inventors' Fair and Buried Ruin are something I definitely overlooked.

EDIT: I found another combo. Since I can essentially play and loop any spell in the deck infinitely I can infinite mill with Codex Shredder my opponents, then force them to draw a card with Introduction to Annihilation. I'm thinking about making this the primary win condition now because it's also convoluted because it doesn't look like I can solve the situation. I wouldn't want to remove either card. Introduction to Annihilation is problematic anyway because it forces a card draw.

EDIT 2: I have now updated the deck and the description. The deck now runs with this accidental combo instead of the Molten-Tail Masticore + Eternal Scourge combo it used to have. I realised the deck can now do anything: exile all of my opponents' stuff (including graves, hands, permanents) and it can infinite: draw, energy, mill, recur, create token, life. The only thing it cannot do is take extra turns (even though I should probably add Gonti's Aether Heart) or ping for infinite damage. With infinite turns it could attack with Kozilek infinitely many times, though...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:27:45 pm by MustaKotka »