deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Please help me find the references  (Read 565 times)

boncoswoll

• Decks
Please help me find the references
« on: December 02, 2021, 11:46:25 am »
Hi all,

As I'm sure some of you will have seen, there is a new secret lair coming that is based around Fblthp and Where's Wally? (or Waldo if you're not from the UK).

As a child, I loved Where's Wally? so I'm toying with the idea of picking up my first secret lair.

I've attached a picture of the artwork for ease of access, and you can see the images in decent resolution on the secret lair website (https://secretlair.wizards.com/uk/product/696695/fblthp-completely-utterly-totally-lost).

The artwork across these cards forms a panorama, each with a hidden Fblthp, but also containing a bunch of other references to other Ravnican cards or characters.

I like the idea of making a commander deck that contains all of the referenced cards, probably with 5 colour Niv Mizzet as the commander.

As this kind of thing is fun and something that a lot of people enjoy, and because I'm just one person and am likely to miss a lot of references, I thought I'd open it up to everyone here.

So, what characters / cards can you see represented within this art?

Bonethousand

• Decks
Re: Please help me find the references
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 02:31:11 pm »
I also really like this design. Gave it a quick look through and found a few non-legendaries I like:

Hackrobat, Swathcutter Giant, Aeromunculus, Erratic Cyclops, Centaur Peacemaker, and Cold Eyed Selkie were among the few I found right away.