deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New Un-set: Unfinity  (Read 3584 times)

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
Re: New Un-set: Unfinity
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 04:59:31 pm »
Saw in Half is also interesting for something like Serra Ascendant, you would get two 3/3 base power and toughness copies that each get +5/+5, so two 8/8s. I think it is more unique than a copy spell, and you can find some fun ways to game it.

Any other non-acorn cards been spoiled yet?

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 05:00:07 pm »
Yes there is stuff that makes “a” copy but saw in half makes 2 copies for just 3 mana at “instant” speed. Anything with an Etb will trigger twice. Twice for 3 mana instant speed is great value.

it also gets you a death trigger for decks that care about that, I will definitely be putting this in my meren of clan nel toth deck

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 05:01:23 pm »

I don't think there are but I could be wrong.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 05:08:55 pm »

I don't think there are but I could be wrong.

The Space Family Goblinson

Not nearly as exciting as Saw in Half.

And the space basics.  And the space shocks.
Happy Brewing!
:)

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2021, 08:47:57 am »
We already have a lot of cards that make a copy of a creature you control. They only see play in specific decks. Saw in Half will be the same.

There aren't that many that do 2 copies, at instant speed, for 3 CMC, and in black!  :)
Golgari is life. And death.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2021, 03:39:06 pm »
I mean: who plays without blue anyway?
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2021, 04:01:56 pm »
We already have a lot of cards that make a copy of a creature you control. They only see play in specific decks. Saw in Half will be the same.

It does feel like the newest card to get everyone excited and then virtually disappear after release.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2021, 11:47:22 pm »
That's my worry too. Remember when everyone freaked out over Panharmonicon? Or more recently Jeweled Lotus? These cards didn't see as much play as we expected. I'm betting that Saw in Half will be the same.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2021, 10:10:02 am »

It does feel like the newest card to get everyone excited and then virtually disappear after release.

Agreed. I think it will be the same.
This space for rent.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2021, 01:28:52 pm »

Agreed. I think it will be the same.

That possible. But some cards live up to the hype, and I suspect this will be one of them.
Golgari is life. And death.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2021, 01:35:39 pm »
Jeweled Lotus didn't see much play as expected? Then why is there an $85 dollar price tag still sitting on it?

Remember Deflecting Swat, Dockside Extortionist, Fierce Guardianship, Smothering Tithe, and Teferi's Protection (been reprinted) have all retained their hype.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Schau

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2021, 02:29:09 pm »
Jeweled Lotus didn't see much play as expected? Then why is there an $85 dollar price tag still sitting on it?

Remember Deflecting Swat, Dockside Extortionist, Fierce Guardianship, Smothering Tithe, and Teferi's Protection (been reprinted) have all retained their hype.
This is true, but at the same time, all these cards are cards that go into any deck of their color, whereas saw in half seems a little bit narrower in the decks that would use it. Other than Aristocrats or ETB focused decks, it will mostly likely be a useless card.

Do I still think the card is good? Absolutely!
Do I think it should be used in any deck like the cards robort mentioned? no.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2021, 02:46:53 pm »

Jeweled Lotus' price is due to it being overhyped when it was spoiled, and now that not everyone wants one the price is on a downward trend. If it gets a second printing it will not keep that $85 price tag.

All of those other cards you mentioned are mana ramp or protection spells, something every deck wants. Saw in Half is neither of those things.

Schau

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2021, 03:04:20 pm »

All of those other cards you mentioned are mana ramp or protection spells, something every deck wants. Saw in Half is neither of those things.

In a way, Saw in half is a protection spell, when somebody tries to remove one of your creatures, you can make sure it dies instead of being exiled and you get two of them instead of one.