deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Split topic: Rules point  (Read 1327 times)

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
Split topic: Rules point
« on: December 01, 2021, 05:03:20 pm »
Could I not have received so many downvotes? It's such blow on my ranking. I always thought deathtouch was concerning only combat damage. I'm wrong. I'm sorry. Don't hammer me so much with downvotes on stated opinion. Albeit that I praise more the stars on decks especially on my Tribals.
Regards:
Chavo

Tonytron

• " (Z->)90° - (E-N2W)90°t =1"
  • Decks
Re: Split topic: Rules point
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 05:32:25 pm »
Sorry for you, and don't worry, I had doubt toi,
Regards...
"To control the present we must master the futur"

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 05:47:43 pm »
Especially, those cards that say "deals damage to each other equal to one's toughness/power". It's very dubious and unclear this way. Don't strike me so much. How about "deals damage to itself equals to its power"? It's not very clear. Deathtouch to itself? Ok. But, it wasn't very clear so far.
Regards:
Chavo

Mynus

• Something, Something
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 07:59:51 pm »
Could I not have received so many downvotes? It's such blow on my ranking. I always thought deathtouch was concerning only combat damage. I'm wrong. I'm sorry. Don't hammer me so much with downvotes on stated opinion. Albeit that I praise more the stars on decks especially on my Tribals.
Regards:
Chavo

First, downvotes are no fun, if I see I get one, I would sometimes like to know why, but it's not a huge deal. Second, I don't typically downvote much and I did not downvote yours. However, I can see why someone did downvote your post. You say don't hammer you on opinion, but the problem is this wasn't an opinion thread, this was a rules thread, and commented with wrong information. Rules are not opinion, sorry man.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 09:07:26 pm »
Regards:
Chavo
I don't downvote for differing opinions but your advice was just plain wrong and I wanted to emphasise that so I downvoted you. You could also edit your original reply to reflect the reality. If you're unsure about rules questions please don't comment on rules questions so that you don't accidentally give wrong advice like you did here.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 09:02:26 am »
In a matter of 18 hours (while sleeping in fact): I received 11 votes, of which 7 are downvotes and 4 are upvotes. It is not cool, it's unfunny, ironic, sad and breaks my epileptic broken heart. I gave upvotes back to level up to MustaKotka and Mynus and to rehabilitate myself at least, because I was wrong. It's just like people decided to level me up in the circle of irony from 300 to start fluctuation-wise folkent-wise from somewhere. At least a person liked my Duelevel Knights Riding Lions. These downvotes to hammer me down are sad and ironic on my stated wrong belief that deathtouch was only combat damage concerning, of which I admitted my fault. Very sad and hurtful. I can't believe it that people think it's fun and nice to put downvotes on a person. I admit to have done it only on a mill deck thread because I don't like the mechanic and it wasn't very budget in the least. Otherwise, I refrain at all to put anyone a minus. It hurts. It hurt me, it'll hurt everyone.
Regards:
Chavo

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 11:12:01 am »
This question about whether deathtouch applies to ability damage was answered a long time ago. This conversation is now significantly off-topic, so I think it's time we put it to rest. Everyone gets downvotes, that's just a reality, and complaining about the downvotes you already have is a sure way to get more downvotes.

If you want to continue with this, you can make a new post in off-topic, or you can send me a private message if ever you need clarification.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 11:50:52 am »
No, no way, Master Moderator. If it's clear, that deathtouch applies to abilities: I suggest to close the topic. My decks are my main priority. They are better to receive stars. No matter how much people on the moment disliked my opinion when they saw it. If my Talrand Simic Drakes has close to 35 stars? That's life. I made great interview a while ago with Goldfish. No other Drake-deck has such an appreciation. Downvotes on opinions suck really, but the stars on decks matter. Close the topic, Master Moderator Morganator.
Regards:
Chavo