English-language Forums > Deck Reviews

[Vintage Affinity] Dark Sovereign

(1/1)

XibalbaBis:
Hi everyone, this is my current affinity deck.
A bit of context, I had a crappy affinity, I wanted to make it pretty good within 30% euros of expense.

So I had to trade a bit of power for cheapness.

There is a 71% chance to get the combination to make it work (53% to get cards  without mulligan, and another 18% with 1 mulligan)

The combination includes
22 creatures
20 mana
11 powerhouses

(which means I need 1 powerhouse, 1 creature and 2 mana to get the combination I need, other usefull combinations are not in this calculation)

Ideally I'd add more powerhouses to increase %, but I was budget limited. There is a chance to get a Card Draw card, so actually the chance is slightly above 71% (which is pretty good for me for a cheap combo deck).

Part of the tradeoffs, were to not change to much cards, because of that, the deck is vintage just because of 2 artifact lands, otherwise it could play in modern (however, I would need to change too much cards in that case).

Let me know what you think about that :)

https://deckstats.net/decks/196702/2362386-dark-sovereign

To make it more powerfull:

Remove duress,
Remove paradise mantle

put in Silverleaf Drum, and Some extra powerhouse, someon would remove also Pithing Needle, Tormod's Crypt and add extra creatures like Vault Skrige or Memnite

Extra cards + old cards are kept in sideboard (that's why I have still red mana lands).

If someone is interested I found a method on my own on how to compute mana curve for affinity decks :)
(anyway it's simple, you have a mana curve for each amount of artifacts up to 7, which means if you have 98% chance to start with 1 artifact you can just consider the second mana curve, and then you get a specific chance to play the third mana curve and so on)

EDIT: It happens  by trying random hand drawings.... that probably this deck without changes is pretty strong O_O ideally I'd need to try it in real games though

XibalbaBis:
I thanks this user to have used the Copy function and made this deck into the final form by adding expensive cards.

Some of the changes were exactly the ones I wished for :)

https://deckstats.net/decks/148985/2362788-artifacz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version