deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What are your favorite utility lands?  (Read 1633 times)

anjinsan

• Decks
Re: What are your favorite utility lands?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 05:16:49 pm »
It's niche, but funny and potentially powerful. Many decks run swords and things too, so not necessarily that niche. Could also keep boots off someone, potentially.

I would probably not run it in any old deck but consider one with Liquimetal Torque (likely with artifact hate, goblin dudes, etc), Mycosynth Lattice, whatever.

(Actually seems obvious for a Gruul artifact hate/control deck; a toolbox of utility lands in green with land tutors sounds fun, plus all the artefact synergy).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:18:31 pm by anjinsan »

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2021, 07:04:01 pm »
It's niche, but funny and potentially powerful. Many decks run swords and things too, so not necessarily that niche. Could also keep boots off someone, potentially.

I would probably not run it in any old deck but consider one with Liquimetal Torque (likely with artifact hate, goblin dudes, etc), Mycosynth Lattice, whatever.

(Actually seems obvious for a Gruul artifact hate/control deck; a toolbox of utility lands in green with land tutors sounds fun, plus all the artefact synergy).

It can definitely be very fun in combination with Liquimetal Torque... I may try it! :)
Golgari is life. And death.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 04:50:25 pm »
Has to be Tolaria West. It's a tap land, it's a Mana Crypt, it's a Tormod's Crypt, it's an Urza's Saga, it's a Pact of Negation, it's a Walking Ballista... It's a lot of things. If you go outside of blue it can be a Gaea's Cradle or a Volrath's Stronghold and lots more. Okay, 1UU is a pretty steep cost and being a tap land hurts but overall in a medium power meta it can be useful.

Another one I like is Rogue's Passage. No real downside to running it but gives combat decks another out.

Inventors' Fair is another cool land. It's an artifact tutor but with some hoops to jump through which makes it sometimes worse than Urza's Saga (which is another favourite of mine, too). The upside is that it can go and find any artifact.

Sea Gate Restoration seems to sometimes creep into my decks. I cast it rarely but often enough that it makes sense. It's a very late game card but sometimes stuff like soft stax / control makes it to the ultra late game when it's useful.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 09:16:29 pm »
Has to be Tolaria West. It's a tap land, it's a Mana Crypt, it's a Tormod's Crypt, it's an Urza's Saga, it's a Pact of Negation, it's a Walking Ballista... It's a lot of things. If you go outside of blue it can be a Gaea's Cradle or a Volrath's Stronghold and lots more. Okay, 1UU is a pretty steep cost and being a tap land hurts but overall in a medium power meta it can be useful.

Another one I like is Rogue's Passage. No real downside to running it but gives combat decks another out.

Inventors' Fair is another cool land. It's an artifact tutor but with some hoops to jump through which makes it sometimes worse than Urza's Saga (which is another favourite of mine, too). The upside is that it can go and find any artifact.

Sea Gate Restoration seems to sometimes creep into my decks. I cast it rarely but often enough that it makes sense. It's a very late game card but sometimes stuff like soft stax / control makes it to the ultra late game when it's useful.

I love Tolaria West in my blue Braids deck! I usually use it to get a Pact of Negation :)

And I'm a huge fan of the mythic MDFC lands, they are just amazing as they can enter untapped for just 3 life. Sea Gate Restoration is probably the second best one after Agadeem's Awakening.
Golgari is life. And death.