deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Sea Monster theme  (Read 772 times)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Sea Monster theme
« on: December 31, 2021, 11:02:45 pm »
I am rebuilding my The Mimeoplasm deck.  I am utilizing Runo Stromkirk.  I want to build Sea Monster tribal.

The creatures I can find fairly easily.  I'm needing a little help with the non-creature cards.  I'm trying to get as much Sea Monster into the deck as I can.  I'm especially having difficulty finding ramp and card draw spells that are Sea Monster (or just Sea) themed.  I've got Mulldrifter as a card draw.  I've got some merfolk with explore to help fill graveyards while saving the lands.  But they're not really ramp.  I have Carpet of Flowers as an on-theme ramp card.  I haven't really come across any others.  Has anyone come across anything else?

Thanks for the assist.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
Re: Sea Monster theme
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 05:20:17 am »
Interpret the Signs? Tatyova, Benthic Druid? Sages of the Anima? I hope you have Thassa, God of the Sea. I was writing something and I totally didn't read until the second paragraph. Volrath, the Shapestealer and Leovold, Emissary of Trest can also do as supporting Commanders. I hope you have Wrexial, Simic Swallower and of course Inkwell and Stormtide,Serpent of Yawning Depths , Spawning Kraken; with all Kioras of course in your vision. Fantastic idea. I have it Modern, haven't thought of EDH. But why the Hell not? Make it, Apothecary. Do it. Don't forget the Koma-tose Serpent. Do it and present it.
Regards:
Chavo
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 06:07:41 am by Elan Morin Tedronai »

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 09:07:42 am »
Golgari is life. And death.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 09:59:50 am »
Golgari is life. And death.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 01:57:23 pm »
Mystic Remora,

Thank you very much.  I had completely forgotten about the Rhystic Fish.  I like all the other suggestions too.

And, no.  I was unaware of scryfall's capability.  I'll give it a whirl.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 05:00:12 pm »
Everflowing Chalice has some liquid in it. I don't think it's sea water but it flows forever anyway.

Arixmethes, the Slumbering Isle counts as a sea monster and ramp.

High Tide - self explanatory.

And that's about it! All I could find.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/