deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Will Kaito Shizuki be enough to make Modern U/B Ninja Tempo competitive?  (Read 381 times)

vapourmind

• Decks
Been building a budget modern deck featuring U/B ninjas (yes I'm one of those dudes) but after my first Modern Monday at my local gamestore I've had the reality check that the deck just isn't top tier.
Here is my current budget version of the deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/192594/2278981-the-shadow-syndicate-modern-u-
I remember seeing someone say that Kaito Shizuki (the new ninja planeswalker coming in Kamigawa, Neon Dynasty) would make the deck a lot better. I'm kinda struggling to see how? Would love for someone with more experience to give their take on the matter.  ::)

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Re: Will Kaito Shizuki be enough to make Modern U/B Ninja Tempo competitive?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:05:21 pm »
To be honest, I don't think that ninjas will be a competitive tribe in modern. Using ninjutsu feels as dangerous as mutating (which as well sees no play in modern afaik).
Kaito himself could be a solid planeswalker for some decks. His +ability generates card quality/advantage, he protects himself with his static and -ability and his ulti seems to be gamewining. And on top of that he is a cmc3 planeswalker which makes him a possible include in modern decks.
But I'm not sure whether he will be enough to make ninjas viable. My guess would be no, but who knows.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I love ninjas as well. Yuriko is my pet commander deck.  ;)
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.