deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Human Angel Tribal - Help welcome and appreciated, My first commander deck!  (Read 1924 times)

Adelissa

• Decks
Human Angel Tribal

Hey all, I'm a sucker for innistrad and make a human, angel, zombie, and werewolf deck whenever a new Innistrad is released. Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep up with standard just due to the sheer cost, however a lot of my friends play commander and I figured I can always re-use commander cards since the format rarely changes to my knowledge, This is my first commander deck and I had a hard time filling it out, so if a card seems weak or out of place that's likely why.

Any help or criticism is appreciated.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:22:14 am by Adelissa »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
This is your first deck? This is incredibly well done. You've kept the deck on-theme despite juggling three different themes (angel-tribal, human-tribal, and +1/+1 counters), and you've included good mana ramp, card draw, and interaction.

There's only a few minor suggestions I can give. Swords to Plowshares is a staple removal spell, and it will serve you better than Declaration in Stone. Avacyn's Pilgrim and Heronblade Elite are mana ramp cards that should work well with the human theme. And with all the creatures you have Shamanic Revelation can draw a bunch of cards.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
This is really good! If you plan on running snow lands, Blessing of Frost is a great way to distribute counters and to draw cards.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

Adelissa

• Decks
This is your first deck? This is incredibly well done. You've kept the deck on-theme despite juggling three different themes (angel-tribal, human-tribal, and +1/+1 counters), and you've included good mana ramp, card draw, and interaction.

There's only a few minor suggestions I can give. Swords to Plowshares is a staple removal spell, and it will serve you better than Declaration in Stone. Avacyn's Pilgrim and Heronblade Elite are mana ramp cards that should work well with the human theme. And with all the creatures you have Shamanic Revelation can draw a bunch of cards.

Thanks! I seriously appreciate the kind words, I'm running dec in stone because one of my friends decks is centered heavily around kama and creating snake tokens, thats also why pithing needle is mainboard haha, is there another card you'd reccomend for that purpose? Another friend has a lifegain deck that wins if hes above 50hp which is why I also elected against it incase I need to kill one of his cards, however exiling for 1 seems really strong, is there another card aside from dec in stone that you would replace with it?

I love the other two suggestions, finding cards to cut that seem to be pretty off theme is going to be tough, I'd like to cut tireless tracker but it generates card draw and counters on itself so I think its a bit too strong standalone to be cut, I could cut knight of the white orchid?

Adelissa

• Decks
This is really good! If you plan on running snow lands, Blessing of Frost is a great way to distribute counters and to draw cards.

Hi! I'm not all too familiar with snow lands but I'll take a look into them!

Adelissa

• Decks
I've updated the list with some custom categories since I saw on another post that would make it easier to criticize!

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
If you're looking for another 1 cmc white removal spell, Path to Exile is another staple along with Swords to Plowshares, simply because their donwsides are barely existant compared to the upsides. Almost any decks that need white creature removal should run these.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Winds of Abandon should be mentioned as well.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
I've updated the list with some custom categories since I saw on another post that would make it easier to criticize!

This might be the post you're talking about. It's a thread that some of the Deckstats users came up with that goes over tips for cutting cards, as well as generally good deckbuilding advice.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

If you have seen it, here's my suggestions on what to cut.

Cultivate is overrated. Heronblade Elite will likely serve you better and Avacyn's Pilgrim definitely will.

Ainok Bond-Kin is likely also a safe card to remove. This one isn't a human or angel, and you have so much flying and +1/+1 counters that you shouldn't have to worry about blockers.

Adventure Awaits is pretty lackluster. Shamanic Revelation, while costing more mana, will draw you more cards.

If you want to include Winds of Abandon, taking out Wrath of God would be a good swap. I'm not sure which will work better so it's your call.

After all that, if you still want Swords to Plowshares, Juniper Order Ranger looks like the next card to cut. Considering Cathars' Crusade and Victory's Envoy are the same mana cost but perform a better job, you'll be fine with ditching Juniper Order Ranger.

Adelissa

• Decks

This might be the post you're talking about. It's a thread that some of the Deckstats users came up with that goes over tips for cutting cards, as well as generally good deckbuilding advice.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

If you have seen it, here's my suggestions on what to cut.

Cultivate is overrated. Heronblade Elite will likely serve you better and Avacyn's Pilgrim definitely will.

Ainok Bond-Kin is likely also a safe card to remove. This one isn't a human or angel, and you have so much flying and +1/+1 counters that you shouldn't have to worry about blockers.

Adventure Awaits is pretty lackluster. Shamanic Revelation, while costing more mana, will draw you more cards.

If you want to include Winds of Abandon, taking out Wrath of God would be a good swap. I'm not sure which will work better so it's your call.

After all that, if you still want Swords to Plowshares, Juniper Order Ranger looks like the next card to cut. Considering Cathars' Crusade and Victory's Envoy are the same mana cost but perform a better job, you'll be fine with ditching Juniper Order Ranger.

Dang these are some seriously good suggestions, I love that you also included which cards you would cut, ill definitely take these into consideration and make some changes! Thank you!

Adelissa

• Decks
Winds of Abandon should be mentioned as well.

Love it, I'll cut wrath of god for it since this definitely fits my deck type more.

Adelissa

• Decks
If you're looking for another 1 cmc white removal spell, Path to Exile is another staple along with Swords to Plowshares, simply because their donwsides are barely existant compared to the upsides. Almost any decks that need white creature removal should run these.

How do you feel about cutting Generous gift for path to exile? I think its a pretty good replacement personally but again I dont play too much commander so I'm not sure if I need more removal than I have, if I do then I think I would cut ranger like Morganator mentioned?

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
This depends on what decks you're usually up against. If it's creature heavy decks, make the swap. If artifacts, enchantments, planeswalkers, or that pesky Cabal Coffers are causing problems, keeping Generous Gift could be helpful.

Adelissa

• Decks
This depends on what decks you're usually up against. If it's creature heavy decks, make the swap. If artifacts, enchantments, planeswalkers, or that pesky Cabal Coffers are causing problems, keeping Generous Gift could be helpful.

Ah thats true, the play is probably cutting ranger but it feels sort of bad since its singleton and having 3 forms of consistent counters seems nice

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
Imo another possible cut could be Tamiyo's Journal. It feels a little slow for 5 mana + needing several turns to have an impact on your game.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.