deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Muldrotha First Commander  (Read 707 times)

CassaQueen

• Decks
Muldrotha First Commander
« on: January 30, 2022, 01:14:24 am »

Frankbo

• Decks
Re: Muldrotha First Commander
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 10:53:33 am »
I would run at least 36 lands, but if you keep the high mana curve the deck would function better if you run more.

Whats your gameplan for the deck?

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 06:28:40 pm »
I really cannot understand some of the inclusions... why is Lathril, Blade of the Elves there?  ???

I definitely understand if you made a deck with the cards you had, not judging you. However, if you are just starting playing EDH and you want to improve your deckbuilding, I'd advice to start from one of the many excellent deck building videos you can find on YouTube (see for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9PEeLG_6M) or excellent websites as EDHREC (https://edhrec.com/), where you'll find great suggestions for the cards to include in your specific commander deck.

Have fun!
Golgari is life. And death.

CassaQueen

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 07:30:55 am »
Frankbo,
My idea was basically Recycling cards from graveyard until I can get Azor's Gateway transformed to give Me X amount of mana to play out as much as possible, and get Vorpal Sword equipped and it's ability activated to land a direct hit on opponent and end the game there for them. Plus I have Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, and Dig Up to bring Azor's Gateway and or Vorpal Sword into play as soon as possible. I also included Splendid Reclamation along with Muldrotha, the Gravetide 's ability to ensure even if a land card is milled I can get it back onto the battlefield.

The Golgari Guy,
I included Lathril, Blade of the Elves to work alongside Elvish Warmaster to create elf warrior tokens to active her ability to make each opponent lose ten life and I gain ten which once I transform Azor's Gateway to Sanctum of the Sun will give me even more X mana = life total, so even if I can't land a direct hit to player with Vorpal Sword 's activated ability, I can still get my creatures with high cmc but also high power/toughness out, use strength, deathtouch, and Staff of Domination to tap opponent creatures, and hopefully clear opponents field and deal large amounts of damage and control the board.

I know it's a kind of outside the box idea, but in the multiple test runs and the actually game I've won in it seems to work pretty well. I apologize if I used any wrong terminology, I've only been playing almost four months and am still learning.

Frankbo

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 01:45:02 pm »
If your goal is to play out an out of the box wacky combo out of the graveyard, i would also suggest to run more draw/discard effects, to make sure your graveyard gets filled faster.

You can check out my muldrotha list here https://deckstats.net/decks/197486/2396911-mulldrotha-strictly-better-the and in the draw section for Some suggestions.

Also i agree with golgari guy. If your new to deckbuilding for commander check out Some YouTube video’s on the subject.

Have fun

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 07:40:43 pm »
Welcome to Commander. You're going to be hearing that a lot.

A couple quick resources you can use. First, a while back a bunch of us made a thread to help cut cards from decks. That's not quite what you need, but it also includes a lot of generically good deck building advice.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

After that, as already mentioned EDHREC is a good place to start when you have a new commander and you don't know what will work well.