deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What are your collections "crown jewels" and "white whales"?  (Read 4735 times)

jtbu1fr0g

• Decks
Re: What are your collections "crown jewels" and "white whales"?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 03:40:25 pm »
My crown jewel is the Sliver Queen. I got it several years ago. My LGS runs this program that purchases go toward points that can be redeemed for store credit, which can be used to purchase anything. At the time I got Sliver Queen she was around $25. I had saved up enough points that I used them to get the card. I had stopped playing MTG for awhile and during the pandemic I got back into it. A friend of mine told me I should go look at single prices and I found out that the Sliver Queen had skyrocketed. Now it has it's own little case and place in my collection. BTW I have since gotten a hold of all five, five color slivers.

mynameiscalled

• I'm your one-man cult
    • MiseryBusinessMTG
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2022, 06:30:23 pm »
I just picked up a LP Revised Badlands, so I guess it takes the trophy from Plateau.

Lohoris

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2022, 12:49:48 pm »
Given that I collect basic lands, my crown jewel is definitely the Arabian Mountain I bought myself for my past birthday  😁

The white whales are likely to be Mt. Fuji and that island with the Torii 😅

mynameiscalled

• I'm your one-man cult
    • MiseryBusinessMTG
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2022, 08:49:08 pm »
Sloooowly…

12aptor1nfinity

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2023, 07:54:04 pm »
I collect purely for my one main commander deck, a white/black Liesa, Forgotten Archangel deck. I spend a bit of money here and there on it.

I think my most valuable gem is my foil ultimate masters Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. (I also have a foil Crypt Ghast to properly haunt it).

My favorite visual gems are my:
- Grand Abolisher (not foil, though I wish)
- Alhammarret’s Archive (foil)
- Shriekmaw (foil)

I love looking at these cards. They make me feel like gollum, haha. My precious…

fire5167

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2023, 07:44:23 am »
I opened packs when I was a kid in the early 2010s. I would say my favorite pulls were Furyborn Hellkite, Exploration, Sorin, Lord of Innistrad, Karametra, god of harvests, and my crown jewel is a foil reflecting pool from conspiracy. I also pulled Cyclonic Rift, but I don't like the card on principle.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2023, 04:05:49 pm »
Mine are my OG duals. I've had them since I opened them (though I have sold some I still have a playset of each) and could never see trading them. Oh, and my Gaea's Cradle.

This space for rent.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2023, 02:25:37 pm »
"A" card I'd love to have is a Kaladesh masterpiece. Any one of them, really.
Since writing this I have bought a Gauntlet of Power masterpiece and a Black Vise masterpiece. So there ya go.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

xuin861

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2023, 05:21:26 pm »
I would say the "Crown Jewel" of my collection is hard I have a couple play sets of the OG Dual Lands, Nether Void, Gaea's Cradle, Mox Diamond...so choosing those seems a bit cliché....So I think I will have to go with the Demonic Tutor from Strixhaven Mystical Archive #90 (foil etched) because I think it's one of the coolest art works for a card.

The White Whale of my collection would be a Mishra's Workshop...sounds kind of weird, but so many EDH decks rely on artifact ramp and i just think it would be cool to have 1 or 5.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2023, 10:21:03 pm »
My crown jewel is probably my Gaea's Cradle.  I bought it (and a bunch of other cards) off a friend that was quitting the game 20 years ago for a massive (at the time, since I was just a kid and hadn't even had my first real job yet) price of $20.  Best return on investment in my life.

My white whale is Sliver Legion.  I have the other five WUBRG Sliver Legends (2 overlords), but I want all 6, and I just have never seen a great deal on the legion, and I really don't want to spend $40-50 bucks on any MTG Card.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2023, 06:52:01 am »
I happen to have a Mana Crypt I pulled off a single Double Masters pack as a holiday gift, and it's finally got a purpose as a Displacer Kitten combo piece besides being a fast mana rock in my Commodore Guff superfriends deck. Not as impressive as everyone else's but still has a good story.

For white whales, I also happen to be a Pokemon player and collector who is hellbent collecting every Sylveon card in existence, so there are still some crazy alt-art cards to buy. (My wallet hurts.)
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo