deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Trying to improve my Ashnod deck  (Read 579 times)

kimj.15

• Decks
Trying to improve my Ashnod deck
« on: February 11, 2023, 03:19:10 pm »
Ashnod

Looking for suggestions to improve this deck. All recommendations welcomed!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:20:41 pm by kimj.15 »

kimj.15

• Decks
Re: Trying to improve my Ashnod deck
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 06:28:17 pm »
Looking for upgrades to improve this deck :)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 07:01:16 pm »
The deck looks fine to me. You could improve it by replacing the taplands with lands that don't enter tapped every time. And you might need more in the removal area.

Are there any aspects you're having trouble with that you're looking to improve? How has this deck performed in the games you've played thus far?

kimj.15

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 08:31:54 pm »
This deck's been performing well, however, most games I'm just ramping without nothing else to do until I have my pieces to try to win games. The deck feels a bit slow to me, but mainly it's the tapped lands. I'm looking on improving my opponents losing 1 health whenever an artifact hits my grave or enters the battlefield. I'd also like to improve on the creatures that sacrifice an artifact or creature for something. I was hoping to add in pitiless plunderer and mayhem devil. I do agree that I need more removal, I was thinking of adding 'an offer you can't refuse.'

kimj.15

• Decks

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 04:34:00 pm »
most games I'm just ramping without nothing else to do until I have my pieces to try to win games. The deck feels a bit slow to me, but mainly it's the tapped lands

If you can ramp fine but then don't have spells to cast, it means you need more card draw. In your case you're going to prefer for your card draw to be on an artifact or creature. I'm thinking this might be the deck for cards like Bag of Devouring, Bushmeat Poacher, Clan Crafter, Etherium Astrolabe, Kels, Fight Fixer, Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Phyrexian Vault, Priest of Forgotten Gods, Relic Vial, Ruthless Knave, Sage of Lat-Nam, Skullport Merchant, Vampiric Rites, Witch's Cauldron, and Yawgmoth, Thran Physician.

Do any of these speak to you?

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 10:44:09 pm »
most games I'm just ramping without nothing else to do until I have my pieces to try to win games. The deck feels a bit slow to me, but mainly it's the tapped lands

If you can ramp fine but then don't have spells to cast, it means you need more card draw. In your case you're going to prefer for your card draw to be on an artifact or creature. I'm thinking this might be the deck for cards like Bag of Devouring, Bushmeat Poacher, Clan Crafter, Etherium Astrolabe, Kels, Fight Fixer, Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Phyrexian Vault, Priest of Forgotten Gods, Relic Vial, Ruthless Knave, Sage of Lat-Nam, Skullport Merchant, Vampiric Rites, Witch's Cauldron, and Yawgmoth, Thran Physician.

Do any of these speak to you?
Just adding my two cents to this; Priest of Forgotten Gods and Ruthless Knave are especially good options since they serve as both ramp and draw, and the priest even helps push you toward victory by itself since 4 life lost a turn for each opponent isn't bad in the least. You might think that it can't be doubled, but due to the targeting it isn't a mana ability even though it does produce mana.

kimj.15

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 07:32:19 pm »
Oh thank you! All of those are good options! I was having trouble deciding which creatures to swap out, but I totally forgot about Priest of Forgotten Gods