deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Aeve artifact creature storm EDH  (Read 306 times)

velcroninja

• Decks
Aeve artifact creature storm EDH
« on: February 04, 2022, 10:41:02 pm »
Aeve Creature Storm

I've never tried to make a storm deck before. It seems to play out pretty well when I goldfish it, but I'd love to have some feedback from people who've experience with storm decks.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
Re: Aeve artifact creature storm EDH
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 11:22:41 am »
The deck looks cool. The problem I see with it is that until you hit a card draw engine you don't do much, and they all cost 4 or more (with the exception of Glimpse of Nature, which only lasts 1 turn).

Not sure what the solution is, but adding some more fast mana (Mox Opal, Mana Crypt , Mana Vault, Mox Diamond... they are expensive, I know, but you have Gaea's Cradle in the list so maybe budget is not a problem) and some tutors (Worldly Tutor for example) to get Beast Whisperer and similar may be a good idea.

Also I noticed you don't play Sol Ring. The deck looks like it could benefit immensely from more fast mana as I was saying, so I would definitely add it.

Also since you play a lot of 1 thoughness creatures, Skullclamp seems like an obvious include and it would give you more of that much needed card draw.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 11:35:34 am by The Golgari Guy »
Golgari is life. And death.

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 11:30:29 am »
Other cards I'd add:

- Karametra's Acolyte (incredibly stupid with Aeve tokens)
- Shamanic Revelation
- Augur of Autumn
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 11:52:19 am by The Golgari Guy »
Golgari is life. And death.

velcroninja

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 01:16:14 pm »
Thanks for the tips! I'll throw some 0 drop rocks and a couple tutors in there today. Those are really good suggestions