deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite Planeswalker?  (Read 7502 times)

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Favorite Planeswalker?
« on: November 30, 2014, 06:02:05 am »
So what is everyone's favorite Planeswalkers? This can be for story reasons, gameplay reasons, or any other reason.

I like Sorin as a character. Despite being a Black walker, he does things that are for the betterment of society. He also hates that he has to feed on blood, which I think is an excellent trait.

Also, while only recently introduced, I really like Nahiri.

So, what about everyone else?
Symmetrical effects are fair.

Zeezon

• Decks
Re: Favorite Planeswalker?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:18:41 am »
I like Ajani. He's a kitty, and I love kitties.

supersand7

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:01:28 pm »
i like derreti because he is really fun to play and has a really good ultimate and zezzeret agent of bolas is the most broken besides jtms because of his ult

falconblade123

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 01:59:30 am »
I like how powerful Ajani, Mentor of Heroes is. I mean, he freakin' kicks trash! I have one and I have to say that just his first plus one ability is amazing, and his minus eight? Don't even get me started. ;D
I like Magic. Modern is the best format. Restore Balance is the best deck in Modern.

God Bless The USA

RonnieK

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:28:11 am »
I run a G/W Counter deck... You already know I got the bad ass kitty in my deck. #TeamAjani

PyroSmite

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:55:55 pm »
All hail Garruk, Apex Predator! If this was squared of against any Planeswalker, other than itself, then it would definitely win. I love its troll +1 ability; Destroy target Planeswalker. The fact that this is a +1 ability shows that it was made solely to kill. Imagine this, It starts out with five loyalty counters and you play right after someone has placed the 8th loyalty counter on Ajani, Mentor of Heroes. It would first troll your opponent, and assuming it did not lose loyalty counters, you would finally end up with a Garruk, Apex Predator with one loyalty counter, three 3/3 Black Beast creature tokens with deathtouch, and an opponent with an emblem "Whenever a creature attacks you, it gains +5/+5 and trample. This means you can attack with three 8/8 creatures with trample and deathtouch plus a few other cards boosted up likewise. That means if your opponents is at 20 with creatures with defense totaling 20, and you have 3 creatures (other than the three beast tokens) that are 1/1, they would end up at -2 life. It also destroys creatures and gives you life equal to that creatures defense.

Kekule

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 04:56:38 pm »
I like Kiora, the Crashing Wave.

She is a little fragile, but she is cheap to play and is able to protect herself with her +1.  Like a lot of other planeswalkers, she basically gives your opponent a time limit to do something about her too; otherwise lose the game.  Once you unleash her -5, it's going to be really hard for them to keep up with a 9/9 Kraken every turn.  It also pairs nicely with Whelming Wave.

I'm not the biggest fan of Garruk, Apex Predator.  Not only does he look like garbage, but his high cmc of 7 almost ensures that he won't be around for long.  By the time you get him out, your opponent surely has built up some sort of defense/offense already.  They'll be able to target Garruk pretty easily and deplete his loyalty.  Kiora, on the other hand, comes out a lot sooner in the match and will have fewer threats to deal with (except burn decks, but that would be true of any planeswalker).

asnsensation88

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 04:09:50 pm »
Jace, the Mind Sculptor he's just so powerful, lets you control your opponents draws or filter your own, repeatedly Brainstorm, and bounce creatures.  All while having an ultimate that will just end the game an absolute nightmare for your opponent.

ashemath

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 11:01:13 pm »
Sarkhan Vol.
Super fun. His Ult is great.

Jdkjpels

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 06:32:14 am »
Sorin markov.  His +2 is just way too nice

Londemonium

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 07:09:41 am »
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is a boss.
Elspeth Tirel is also lots of fun to play with.

On a self-sufficient note, Gideon, Champion of Justice can handle the battlefield.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:55:32 am by Londemonium »

Mibuswolf

• Slay Evil Swiftly
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 06:55:46 am »
Garruk and Elspeth are my favorite Planeswalkers.

Garruk is a total Beast! 

I've played mostly with Primal Hunter and all of his abilities are insane.  Offense/defense by summoning Beasts, card drawing ability (targeting Primeval Titan is no joke), and his ultimate is just wow.. it's hard to keep a straight face on when you're attacking for the win with a mass of 6/6 Wurms lol.  ;D

Elspeth is appealing to me as she's a badass holy righteous warrior Knight commander lady. 

I've played mostly with Tirel and have really only used her top 2 abilities.  Casting her at the right time, summoning 3 Soldiers, and then successfully protecting her with them for subsequent turns is truly something special.  Left unchecked, and paired with other shenanigans like say Gavony Township or Mentor of the Meek, her army is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Honorable mention goes to Jace. 

I missed out on The Mind Sculptor so I've never experienced playing with his madness, but Beleren and Memory Adept are crazy fun to play with as well.  Milling your opponent for 10 right off the bat, and on subsequent turns if Memory Adept is properly protected, is incredibly absurd.  I was never really one for milling, but winning with Memory Adept's middle ability is inspiring and instantly reminds you that hit points aren't the only way to lose. 

Chrish_the_ginger

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »
I am a fan of vensrr the sojourner, cause of all his abilities. I mean -1 unlockable. Its a game ender.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 05:50:46 am »
Ral Zarek use to do some pretty nasty stuff in my Epic Experiment deck back in the day.
This space for rent.

megamaathii

• Progébola
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 03:35:30 pm »
My favorite planeswalkers are Ashiok and Kiora.
Sultai.