deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Karador, Ghost Chieftain Deck  (Gelesen 532 mal)

Bobby’s Budget Builds

• Facebook Group MTG: Bobby's Budget Builds
    • MTG: Bobby's Budget Builds
  • Decks
Karador, Ghost Chieftain Deck
« am: Juni 28, 2022, 04:08:20 Nachmittag »
Hello looking for opinions on my build. I try to keep my decks under $50 so keep that in mind but I don't mind going up to $75 if it will make a significant difference in the gameplay. I am wondering if I need to swap out some of the mutate creatures for more creatures that mill from my library. I do not want to deck myself though. if you have any ideas let me know what card you would take out and what card you would replace it with. Thank you in advance.

https://deckstats.net/decks/196163/2612075-karador-ghost-chieftain/en

archiel

• Decks
Re: Karador, Ghost Chieftain Deck
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 28, 2022, 05:37:58 Nachmittag »
I'd say to increase amount of basic lands, you have too many basic land tutors and very few basic lands.
Or at least remove Myriad Landscape, since it tutors for two that share the type.
Lotus Field doesn't do much for deck which doesn't have many way to return lands from graveyard. At first glance I don't see anything other than World Shaper which gets lands back (or that one creature which mills and allows you to get land back). You may also consider Mending of Dominaria, which does the same thing (but it's an enchantment). Also Lotus Field is 2+USD, so replacing it, frees some budget.

I'd say remove Homestead Courage. I know flashback seems nice, but card is meh, +1/+1 counter at Sorcery Speed is useless. Also... you may consider any of the Cycling Creatures which allow you to put Keyword tokens instead of Protection. I know you have bunch of things that add +1/+1 counters, but still... Or maybe instant protection from color due to targeted removal.
Light of Hope, I would say isn't Commander playable card, 4 life, doesn't mean much usually, destroy target enchantment, you want something that can target both enchantment and artifact, +1/+1 counters... unless it's a theme of the deck...

Mana Tithe... can catch someone offguard, but pay 1 usually isn't that big of the deal later on in the game. Sure sometimes people save just 1 mana for Pongify, but when they don't... I think it's powerful card in constructed, because it screws up early play, and other player may not be able to catch up, but in Commander...

Lantern of Revealing and Bonder's Ornament are... horrible.
I'd rather run Seeker's Lantern than either of them. Chromatic Lantern which you have in Maybeboard is great. But it's a 10USD card...

I'd think that Mutate creatures are bad for commander, even in Karador deck. They enter, thing that they were supposed to Mutate on, gets removed, they don't anything. Or if you're gonna stick with that, a lot more protection is needed imo, rather than +1/+1 counters, especially considering how few creatures have Trample or Flying in your deck. I've noticed a few thing care about being targeted too, but yeah...

Not really sure what you need Illuminator Virtuoso for, since you can't Mutate on it, and you don't really want to waste +1/+1 counter cards on it.
Think you could easily remove all Connive creatures (other than Body Launderer), and maybe replace them with things like Wood Elves, or maybe even something like Acidic Slime. If it's for putting cards in graveyard, you can easily play something like Mire Triton. Or in those colors and in Karador deck especially, Syr Konrad, the Grim, allows you to mill everyone, and every time you get something out of graveyard, pings something. And if anyone thinks of graveyard hate... Konrad could even kill them. Or you could actually win, by targeting your graveyard with card which removes everything from your graveyard, Bojuka Bog for the win. lol

Chittering Harvester is too expensive mana wise, you're better of playing something cheaper like Fleshbag Marauder or Plaguecrafter. Even if you want to build Mutate stack, it's too expensive. Remove it anyway... even if you don't put Marauder or Crafter instead.
« Letzte Änderung: Juni 29, 2022, 12:08:33 Vormittag von archiel »

Bobby’s Budget Builds

• Facebook Group MTG: Bobby's Budget Builds
    • MTG: Bobby's Budget Builds
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 28, 2022, 06:49:53 Nachmittag »
I really appreciate the feedback, I made a bunch of changes based on your advice. The chromatic lantern is the only thing putting this deck over the $50. I am thinking of adding lotus field back in and removing chromatic lantern to get the deck under $50. It is hard finding hexproof cards. What do you think?

archiel

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 28, 2022, 11:47:39 Nachmittag »
Looks a lot better now, at least imo.

As far as Hexproof goes, for 1 mana you have, things like Blacksmith's Skill, Blossoming Defense, Ranger's Guile, Blossoming Defense is 40-ish cents, other 2 about 20 each.
I would definitely return Tamiyo's Safekeeping into the deck.

Protection from Color for 1 mana you have Apostle's Blessing (well it's 1 mana and 2 life or 2 mana, but still...), Stave Off, Gods Willing (which also allows you to Scry 1), Emerge Unscathed (which also had Rebound, meaning you can protect your creature, then next turn, give your biggest thing protection from color, so they couldn't be blocked, doesn't always work for blocking, but you never know...).
At CMC 2 you also have Bathe in Light, which gives all your creatures that share a color, protection from one color, sometimes allowing you for unblocked fight. All of these are below 30 cents, except Apostle's Blessing which is 50-ish.

There's also Benevolent Blessing, an Enchantment with Flash, for 2 mana, which gives protection from color, 20-ish cents.

Do note that technically Protection from Color works against Mutate, since creatures can't Mutate then, so Hexproof would be ideal. Still the stack won't fall apart.

There's also Autumn's Veil, which is 40-ish cents, which protects your creatures from being countered and targeted by Black and Blue stuff, but it's a hit and miss, since you never know if anyone in group will play those colors, or even run Counters in Blue deck. And it still doesn't protect from White which runs, StP and PtE, but still protects from things like Pongify, or Rapid Hybridization, and bunch of Black removal. It still blocks Mutating creature from sticking too.

Ephermate is also an option, sure your Mutate creature won't stick on Creature, but if you target a Mutate stack, all creatures in the stack will come back to the field, separately, meaning you may also have more attackers next turn, than player anticipated. On top of that, since it has Rebound, you may target another creature which has some ETB trigger for free.

Ephermate is also great option for Ramping at times. In Draft I've targeted some creature which tutors lands, it got me 2 more lands. And my opponent couldn't catch up. Also... targeting something like Karmic Guide (which might be great option for your deck, and is about 25 cents), or Eternal Witness can be great too.

Talking about creatures Satyr Wayfinder might be a good option.
« Letzte Änderung: Juni 29, 2022, 09:13:22 Vormittag von archiel »