deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH (Pauper) - Challenge Partners Kediss/Toggo - Comments  (Read 183 times)

jackycola

• Hi, I am Jacky and I like Pizza
  • Decks
Re: EDH (Pauper) - Challenge Partners Kediss/Toggo - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 06:04:10 am »
Hi,
I randomly found your deck and think it looks interesting.  Now looking at it I see a lot of treasure tokens but I dont understand why?
 Toggo is cool but he needs a lot of land drop.  And Kediss is obvious but he is missing a partner that actually does Combat damage.  Is there something that I don't see? 
Greets

TheRealGabrielD

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 03:15:23 pm »
Yeah, the commanders were given as a challenge to build around./ We basically gave each other all the worst possible partner combos we could think of, and this was the one I got. Additionally, we built with Pauper rules, so it REALLY limited our deck designs.

The trick is the Rock tokens. They actually read "Equipped creature deals 2 damage to any target" when you sacrifice them, so I just need lots of mana to sacrifice a lot of them.

I run 43 lands to make sure Landfall triggers give me lots of Rock Tokens. Attach the Rocks to Toggo, then use the Treasure to sacrifice them, which Kediss will see as "Toggo" doing the damage, so he will trigger too and make sure that EACH opponent takes the same hit. Get lots of rocks on Toggo, use treasure to sacrifice them, then Kediss will make Toggo do 2 damage to each opponent for each Rock sacrificed. Make sense?

jackycola

• Hi, I am Jacky and I like Pizza
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 09:52:49 am »
Attach the Rocks to Toggo, then use the Treasure to sacrifice them, which Kediss will see as "Toggo" doing the damage, so he will trigger too and make sure that EACH opponent takes the same hit. Get lots of rocks on Toggo, use treasure to sacrifice them, then Kediss will make Toggo do 2 damage to each opponent for each Rock sacrificed. Make sense?

Kediss only triggers on [combat damage]. Rocks dealing [damage] is not combat damage and won't trigger kediss. Combat damage is only dealt during combat.
Also only combat damage is counted towards the commander damage :(

However I made a version of your deck with Dargo, the Shipwrecker as second commander and put Toggo as creature in the deck.

The treasure and rock token can help cast Dargo very quickly and he does actually do combat damage. Two Treasures and 1 Red are enough to cast Dargo in turn 3 or 4 already.

Added some haste and buffs for him and yesss it works <3

« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 09:58:16 am by jackycola »